This is for all of my friends looking for a fresh, neutral look for the warmer months ahead. (Since I’m usually touting the brightest lipstick known to man, which I guess isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.)
This entire look (besides mascara) is by Beautycounter, and it’s an easy, no-thinking-necessary look for every day.
1. After cleansing and prepping skin, I apply Tint Skin Foundation in Linen all over my face. Depending on my level of laziness, I will apply with fingers or my Sigma Flat Kabuki Brush. (For those of you who don’t feel your foundation or tinted moisturizer blends well on your face, run, don’t walk, and purchase one of those brushes. Besides my MAC 217, it’s the most-used brush I own.)
2. I put a little dab of the Touch Up Concealer Pen in Light underneath my eyes to counteract darkness. I only apply underneath the eye, close to the nose area…if I take it all the way across, it accentuates my fine lines on the outer part of the eye area.
3. Bronzer time! Apply the Color Contour Bronzer in No. 1 across the top of my forehead, hollow of my cheeks, bottom of chin, and neck.
4. A bit of the Color Sweep Blush Duo in Tawny/Whisper on the apples of cheeks. I usually go for the Bloom/Tulip shade during fall and winter, but love this soft peach shade for spring and summer.
5. I use the Color Shade Eye Duo in Pearl/Champagne on my eyes – Champagne on the entire lid, and a bit of the Pearl in the inner corner of my eyes to brighten.
6. Apply the Color Outline Eye Pencil in Violet on the upper lash line only, followed by two coats of Per-fekt Lash Perfection Gel. (The best of the best, in terms of green beauty mascara. I ADORE this stuff.)
Voilá! A great neutral look for Spring. (Or any season, really.) Let me know if you give it a
whirl whoorl. Heh.
Oh! And pssst, mamas of wee ones…Beautycounter finally launched a Baby Line. Hooray!