This is for all of my friends looking for a fresh, neutral look for the warmer months ahead. (Since I’m usually touting the brightest lipstick known to man, which I guess isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.)
This entire look (besides mascara) is by Beautycounter, and it’s an easy, no-thinking-necessary look for every day.
1. After cleansing and prepping skin, I apply Tint Skin Foundation in Linen all over my face. Depending on my level of laziness, I will apply with fingers or my Sigma Flat Kabuki Brush. (For those of you who don’t feel your foundation or tinted moisturizer blends well on your face, run, don’t walk, and purchase one of those brushes. Besides my MAC 217, it’s the most-used brush I own.)
2. I put a little dab of the Touch Up Concealer Pen in Light underneath my eyes to counteract darkness. I only apply underneath the eye, close to the nose area…if I take it all the way across, it accentuates my fine lines on the outer part of the eye area.
3. Bronzer time! Apply the Color Contour Bronzer in No. 1 across the top of my forehead, hollow of my cheeks, bottom of chin, and neck.
4. A bit of the Color Sweep Blush Duo in Tawny/Whisper on the apples of cheeks. I usually go for the Bloom/Tulip shade during fall and winter, but love this soft peach shade for spring and summer.
5. I use the Color Shade Eye Duo in Pearl/Champagne on my eyes – Champagne on the entire lid, and a bit of the Pearl in the inner corner of my eyes to brighten.
6. Apply the Color Outline Eye Pencil in Violet on the upper lash line only, followed by two coats of Per-fekt Lash Perfection Gel. (The best of the best, in terms of green beauty mascara. I ADORE this stuff.)
7. Dab Petal Lip Sheer on my lips, followed by a little bit of the Peony Lip Gloss.
Voilá! A great neutral look for Spring. (Or any season, really.) Let me know if you give it a
whirl whoorl. Heh.
Oh! And pssst, mamas of wee ones…Beautycounter finally launched a Baby Line. Hooray!
ReneeMarch 29, 2016 at 5:20 pm
Hi Sarah– have you tried BC’s tinted moisturizer? I’m looking for something with SPF and I’m wondering if you like it.
If not, do you recommend a SPF that you use under the foundation?
whoorlMarch 29, 2016 at 7:48 pm
Are you referring to Dew Skin by Beautycounter? I do have it, but I don’t like the way it looks on my skin as much as Tint Skin. (Which is so annoying because I would love to kill two birds with one stone.) As for current SPF products, I’m still searching for the perfect one and will definitely write a post because it’s quite the search. ;) (Also, see my reply below on the Suntegrity 5-n-1…it has top billing right now, although I’m still on the lookout!)
Ashton GravesMarch 29, 2016 at 5:27 pm
I have a conundrum! I am almost out of my Beautycounter Tint Skin Foundation. I have been considering ordering the Suntegrity 5-in-1 Tinted Sunscreen as a replacement, as I spend a lot of time outdoors in the warmer months. How does the Suntegrity Tinted Sunscreen compare to the Beautycounter Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer? Would you recommend one over the other? I have absolutely LOVED Beautycounter’s Tint Skin Foundation and don’t know what to order next.
whoorlMarch 29, 2016 at 7:58 pm
Ashton, I FEEL YOU. So, I have all three products that you mentioned…Tint Skin I absolutely adore, but would give anything if it had sunscreen. Dew Skin? I just don’t love it on my skin. On me, it seems to give less coverage than Tint Skin, but more shine. I also don’t love the smell – kind of chemical-ish. Currently, the Suntegrity 5-n-1 is my go-to for sunscreen, but I still like Tint Skin’s coverage and feel the best. Suntegrity is nice, but it doesn’t feel as moisturizing on the skin as Tint Skin, although it does feel a bit thicker. (Probably the sunscreen component.) Also, the shades are similar, but a bit different. The Suntegrity 5-n-1 runs a little more “peach” than the Beautycounter shades. (I’m comparing Linen to Light.)
Anyway, a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen is tops on my list in terms of searching…I will definitely write a blog post when I find the holy grail, but right now, I would recommend the Suntegrity over the Dew Skin. (But Tint Skin will never be beat! Heh.)
Ashton GravesMarch 29, 2016 at 8:24 pm
Good to know!! Thank you so much! Looks like I’ll go with the Tint Skin for now (can’t beat the old faithful) and then order a sample size of the Suntegrity from Detox Market (along with the May Linstrom Problem Solver that I’m dying to try based on your reviews!!). I am currently using the MUN products you recommended and LOVE them, as well as the Vitamin B Enzyme Cleansing Oil and One Love Cleansing Sponge (I got the bamboo charcoal). Holy cow, my skin is the best it has been in forever!! I ordered the MUN travel kit to try the products out before ordering the large bottles. I’m hoping Detox Market has a promo code soon so I can go ahead and order the full size of all of them. I can’t believe I’m spending this much money on skincare products!! Yikes!! But so worth it! I thoroughly enjoy your posts and recommendations. Thank you so, so much! :)
whoorlMarch 29, 2016 at 8:51 pm
I’m so glad to hear that everything is working out for you! :)
ReneeMarch 30, 2016 at 10:38 am
Can’t wait for this review! Thanks so much, Sarah.
Jenny PostMarch 29, 2016 at 7:12 pm
Great recommendations! I’m a BC consultant also – I think you meant to put the Tint Skin shade as Linen, not Light, up there!
whoorlMarch 29, 2016 at 7:44 pm
Thanks, Jenny! Totally spaced that!
AlyssaMarch 30, 2016 at 11:41 am
If people are looking for affordable baby wash that is low in the EWG database rating (it gets a 1) California Baby is the way to go. I use it on the baby and on myself (I have fine curly hair and only wash once a week. I need something with NO detergents or surficants in it)
Andrea @Mama in the CityMarch 31, 2016 at 12:36 am
That lipstick shade has caught my eye!
ReneeApril 8, 2016 at 1:38 pm
I love this post and I have similar coloring to yours so I just bought some stuff. Question: How do you apply the blush? Do you layer it? If so, which color do you put on first?
whoorlApril 8, 2016 at 2:18 pm
I sweep it across both colors before applying. :)