It’s Cold

This is so funny. And so ridiculously true.

(You all would be appalled at how much I’ve whined about the weather this week. I even caught myself saying, “I just can’t live like this much longer” last night.)

((Make fun all you want, but it’s downright unacceptable beach weather. UNACCEPTABLE.))

(((Good thing it will be back in the 70s later this week.)))

• Heather

January 15, 2013 at 2:23 pm

I love you, love your blog, used to live in SoCal myself, but y’all do know how utterly ridiculous this sounds, right? I say this as someone living in an area of the country where it was literally zero when I woke up this morning and about a dozen people freeze to death every winter (a statistic that says just as much about the rampant substance abuse as it does the weather). Then again, I’m a little cranky while I wait for more propane to be delivered — we have no heat because it was so cold the valve broke and all our propane escaped! High temperature today? 24 degrees.

January 15, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Heather, that’s the whole point of the video and this post…how ridiculous Southern Californians are about weather.

• Heather

January 15, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Thank you for being kind. It rubbed the wrong way while cranky with no heat. Still don’t, actually. We’re triying to figure out if we can heat our bedroom enough to stay in the house tonight with our infant. A sincere wish to you for snuggly blankets and sweaters!

• Kat

January 19, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Wow, got a little snippy with Heather there. Ego much?

• Likethewrap

January 15, 2013 at 2:30 pm

I’m in Phoenix and we’re whining up a big ol’ storm over here. It was 29 degrees this morning. I don’t own clothes appropriate to wear in 29 degrees! I own flip flops and tank tops! I look forward to January so I can wear pretty sweaters and scarves and boots but not all at once!

• Jenn T.

January 15, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Oh my crap. I’m in Utah, and we’re in a cold snap, and man, when it got up to 16 degrees today, It felt so balmy! I just laughed when I watched the video … wimps ;)

• Ginger

January 15, 2013 at 2:44 pm

I live in Iowa. Not even as sarcasm is it funny.

• Anna Kiser

January 15, 2013 at 3:02 pm

This is hilarious!

• Hannah Alyse

January 15, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Oh god…I can’t stop laughing! I’m from CA and have been going nuts with this COLD weather. I sound like that news lady and only just realized I should be a little embarrassed :) *shy little foot shuffle*

• Jaclyn

January 15, 2013 at 3:30 pm

So hilarious. Thoughts and prayers to Southern California! ;)

• Kelly

January 15, 2013 at 3:47 pm

oh my goodness, I’m dying over here. that was funny. it was 7 here yesterday morning, that was the actual temp, I’m sure the “feels like” temp was colder.

• Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian

January 15, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Oh boy do I ever wish I lived in California sometimes (or Florida)! Boston stinks for weather and winter lasts like 6 months. However, spring is my favorite season and I suppose I would miss it if I lived somewhere that’s warm all the time.

• Lindsay

January 15, 2013 at 5:13 pm

That is HILARIOUS. And also, I live in LA and seriously cannot stop complaining this week either. I try to excuse it by realizing that we did indeed get colder than it’s been in OVER TWENTY YEARS. If someone else’s city beat a cold record set in 1990, I’d let them complain! It’s all about what’s normal for YOU.

But yes, I fully realize my complaints are still ridiculous. :)

• TM

January 15, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Not funny.

• Kristin

January 15, 2013 at 5:23 pm

It was 61 in Boston yesterday! Warmer than CA and AZ :) Y’all are wimpy but I would love to move to where the weather is (supposed to be) warm all year!

January 15, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Dying laughing, because I come to visit YOU when Canada gets ridiculously cold.

• Ambr

January 15, 2013 at 8:31 pm

i’m only about an hour and a half away further south from LA and it was 24 degrees when i got to school this morning :’) everyone (myself included) was whining like crazy! hahahah good to know i’m not the only one who complains but is still able to realise how silly it is c:

then again we had deal with, like, 105 degrees in October (not joking, unfortunately). i think we have a right to complain when it gets cold when there’re people who complain about 90 in July x)

• Jenny

January 15, 2013 at 9:03 pm

What’s not to love about this video? I grew up in Arizona, and I have fond memories of “freezing cold” weather at above-freezing temps and “arctic blasts” of 50 degrees. Now I live in Wisconsin, and we are truly freezing our butts off at 15 degrees right now. You get used to it, so I feel for the Californians, and I even learned something from this video — like that I can use a dog to cover me up and protect me from frostbite.

• Vashti

January 16, 2013 at 4:49 am

Hi! Just a random comment, would love to see how the house is coming along :) It’s always fun to see how people’s renovation projects are going, and I feel like we haven’t seen a post on yours in a while. Hope your new year is off to a great start :)

• Susan

January 16, 2013 at 8:15 am

In Indiana, it was 62 degrees Saturday, we got 4 inches of rain Saturday night (and a wind storm, power went out 6 times) then Sunday it was 30 degrees and falling, and we had freezing rain/ice. Next week, it will be a high of 14 degrees on Tuesday. Midwesterners are used to the rollercoaster, but this is ridiculous! Best of luck to you SoCal peeps as you weather your cold temps :) (BTW, this weather is rough on wardrobe choices, let me tell you!)

• Holly

January 16, 2013 at 8:50 am

Vacationing in Phoenix from IL…this cold weather just ain’t fair.

• thepetitegourmand

January 17, 2013 at 8:23 am

Try living in Canada…yikes. though it’s not been too terrible this winter so far, I’d happily trade our winter for one of your cold snaps…

• The Weather – Danishbird –

January 21, 2013 at 2:01 am

[…] saw this clip over on Whoorl and it totally made me laugh! It is so true Californians (especially Southern Californians) are so […]