1. All blog posts should be formatted in list form, right? So easy to read, and you can skip right on if you please.
2. Wito is obsessed with Angry Birds. In fact, this photo was taken at a toy store selling Angry Birds collectible plush doll things. As if the game itself wasn’t enough, NOW WE NEED STUFFED ANGRY BIRD DOLL THINGS. How could you say no to that face?? I did, however, say no. (But he is getting a few from the Valentine’s Day cupid. Look at that face! It’s like kryptonite, I say!)
3. I cut my bangs again. I just couldn’t stand it anymore…they had grown past my chin, so I decided to show them who’s boss.
4. The No Shopping Challenge has really been tough for me this past week. I’m fading fast…and I know some of you are wondering just WHY it’s so hard for me to just NOT shop. I guess the best way to explain it is that shopping is my vice, you guys. Some people can’t live without a daily Diet Coke or coffee (I don’t drink caffeine or sodas), some people bite their nails (nope), smoke (I don’t), abstain from healthy exercise (not me), shoplift (hell no!), drink (okay, I love me some beer, but all in moderation)…I just…shop. I very much like to shop. Let’s take away your caffeine for 5 weeks and see how that goes down!
This is all just to say that my 90 Day No Shopping Challenge Pinterest board is filling up fast. I’m holding strong!
5. To combat all of this no shopping mania, I switched my focus to cleaning out my closet. Again. Lucky for you, I’m selling some bags at Whoorl’s Closet. Need a (nearly) new bag? I’m your girl.
6. My mom and aunt will be visiting tomorrow. The kids are ecstatic, and well, I’m pretty ecstatic myself. Can’t wait for some mom time, even if it’s only for a few hours.
7. One of my guilty pleasures is watching the Real Housewives. I love Beverly Hills and New York, and have tried to barrel through Orange County during the last few seasons, but YOU ALL, I saw the Orange County preview last week, and I have to say, as much as I love the Housewives franchise, I CAN NOT watch Orange County this season. The plastic surgery, the 17 layers of foundation on the women’s faces, the utter lack of ANY class whatsoever…I literally can not watch it. It’s absolutely mortifying. Let me just state for the record that YES, there are obviously lots of people like this in Orange County, but there is SO much more here. Style, class, and charm do reside here too, you just have to filter through the fake boobs, Ed Hardy, and Hummers to find it. (I think that should be Orange County’s new motto.) Are you watching this season?
Rebecca (Bearca)February 8, 2012 at 11:29 am
RHOC is like a TRAIN WRECK for me. I hate it, yet I cannot NOT watch it. I honestly want to tell America that NO WE ARE NOT ALL CRAZY LIKE THAT!!! Ugh. (Several of them work out at my gym, and I see them allll the time.) ((Which makes it worse.))
whoorlFebruary 8, 2012 at 11:36 am
I mean, I get it. You have to be a little crazy to be a “Real Housewife” in the first place, but I just feel like at least the other city’s women have a little (I said A LITTLE) class mixed in with the crazy. Orange County is just tacky and classless and SO GROSS.
gorillabunsFebruary 8, 2012 at 11:39 am
I really want to know their motivation for going on the show as well as returning time after bloody time.
Say hi to yo momma!
and yes…. list format is DEFINITELY a winner in my books.
whoorlFebruary 8, 2012 at 1:29 pm
I will! Hopefully she’ll get me up to date on all things OKC. xo
laura @ hollywood housewifeFebruary 8, 2012 at 11:58 am
I cannot watch the Real Housewives of Orange County, either, even though I have several friends who swear it’s the BEST ONE. I just don’t connect on any level to any of those women. Which is to say that I DO love to watch New York, Beverly Hills, and Atlanta because…we connect?
whoorlFebruary 8, 2012 at 1:32 pm
Ha! Exactly. I think it’s what I mentioned in reply to Bearca…across the board, ALL of the ladies have to be a little whackadoodle to agree to be on the show, but most of them have a bit of class. The OC ladies, however, don’t have an IOTA of class. They’re just so…trashy. Ugh.
mauFebruary 8, 2012 at 1:22 pm
Since I love lists too…1. your son is BEAUTIFUL. and those eyes? wow! 2. my daughter (and husband) is very much into Angry Birds too and asked for the soft toys. There’s no way they’re making their way inside this house! 3. I live in Europe so I really cannot relate to the ‘Real’ Housewives but I still watch the Miami one occasionally. I can’t believe people like them really exist but I can’t stop myself from watching the programme!
whoorlFebruary 8, 2012 at 1:33 pm
Thank you, Mau! And be glad you don’t watch the other shows. It’s like being sucked into a vortex of crazy.
Mama BubFebruary 8, 2012 at 4:01 pm
Why are the OC Housewives so classless? I think, because it was the first franchise, that they had the ability to cultivate better personalities for all of the other shows. They’re all crazy, but OC takes the cake.
Seriously Sassy MamaFebruary 8, 2012 at 4:12 pm
I cannot stand any of the real housewives. They are not real housewives. I love that you made fun of Ed Hardy. I cannot stand his stuff.
estelleFebruary 9, 2012 at 3:43 pm
I have to admit that there is a very special place in my heart for all things Bravo and I cannot not watch the tranny wreck that is OC. Sorry. My husband can’t watch it (even though he loves the rest of the franchise) but I need to sit in smug judgement every single week. I’d like to believe that there is more to Orange County than blonde republicans but it’s hard when my view has been so colored by that cast. Just can’t get enough.
LouiseFebruary 9, 2012 at 4:57 pm
Crackin me up!!! I too am a lover off all things Bravo (holy Mobwives – an hour I’ll never get back but rivetting)! Back to my point…last year I put my foot down and gave my DVR a rest when it came to the OC!!I have never been so offended by people I don’t even know! I couldn’t get away from them…must have seen Alexis EVERY time I went to Fashion Island even at my fav little BBQ Pitt! Thank god, there are fabulous, genuine women in the OC, that are not a piece of crazy – Whoorl especially!!
Love the site :) Have a lovely time with your visiting Fam!
ElizabethFebruary 10, 2012 at 8:36 am
I’m on day 28 of no shopping. I totally get it. I’m only going 32 days (had to add two for a slip up). I admire your will power. I hope to work my way up to 90 days, but right now that seems way out of reach. I have a friend who went a whole year! Absolutely unthinkable! I admire you girl!
Kristen HowertonFebruary 10, 2012 at 12:11 pm
I am the same way – can’t watch the OC housewives. His too close to home and inspires a stabby rage in me.
NilaFebruary 10, 2012 at 7:16 pm
You’re so right about the OC. And I can’t stand the husbands and how involved they are in everything. It’s weird. But I love the Beverly Hills housewives. Lisa’s my favorite. I’m looking forward to New York with all the changes.
We have Angry Birds bandaids. We have the fever at my house too.
You have the best stuff. I’d love a day in your closet.
JenFebruary 13, 2012 at 10:20 am
I love me some Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and New Jersey, oh my goodness. I can’t stomach NY (anymore – used to watch in the Bethenny days), Atlanta, or OC. Which begs the question, do I have anything to ‘connect’ to with respect to the Beverly HIlls or New Jersey wives? I certainly don’t live in a baroque, guilded mansion and I don’t have a rock the size of my fist, but there is something I can’t tear away from re: those series. The Beverly Hills housewives are stone cold foxes, and those New Jersey housewives are all fire! Crazy, train-wreck fire. I can’t look away.
Laura in LAFebruary 13, 2012 at 3:59 pm
I watch all of the housewife shows, but don’t worry, I won’t judge anybody by them. I live in Louisiana. Have you seen any of the shows from here? Contrary to what they portray, we are not all two-toothed, alligator wrestling, shack dwelling, hillbillies. Arghhhh!