Greetings from Washington DC! I’m here attending the ONE & ONE Girls and Women AYA Summit. I’m learning so much about the global development issues they are tackling and how we all can help. This is my first time in the nation’s capital and I’m trying to take it all in.
1. This month’s ONE curator is my favorite ever, Amy Poehler. You can check out her picks here. (I’m such of fan of the Pema Chodron piece. Did you see her on Super Soul Sunday last week?)
2. 8 questions to ask a potential babysitter.
3. Have you seen this young lady’s inspiring video about giving coats to the homeless?
4. Think you suck at something? Do it anyway. I love this.
5. Lots of info coming out about gluten sensitivity and its role involving the brain. (For what it’s worth, my anxiety has practically been eradicated since I stopped eating it. I highly recommend reading Grain Brain if you have interest in the subject.)
6. The most overlooked threats to a marriage. Very interesting.
Happy weekend to all of you! I’m returning tonight and have my second yoga teacher training workshop this weekend.
image credit: Lisa Barbero
One thought on “Odds and Ends”
Hayley GOctober 24, 2014 at 10:24 am
I’m really intrigued by “Grain Brain” and that article you posted! I can’t believe that mans seizures stopped after going gluten free. That is amazing! It’s pretty incredible how changing what you eat can change your whole life. I had a friend who’s autoimmune disorder was almost completely cured when she went vegan. Anyway, love the links! That “Do It Anyway” article is great. Happy weekend!