1. Do you have a Drybar in your area? If so, run as fast as your little legs can carry you right this very minute. $35 for the most fabulous blowdry you could imagine. (And they have a menu of blowdry styles! Sleek and Straight! Straight with body! Loose curls! Beach curls! LOVE IT.) I had my first experience there yesterday and didn’t want to leave.
2. I’ve been waiting to announce that the project I’ve been working on for a year launched this week, Style United. Unfortunately, I’ve heard from many that the site is all sorts of wonky. Hoping they can fix all the bugs, but in the meantime, you can check out all my video tutorials and articles here.
3. As many of you know, Wito started reading at a very young age. I’ve been wanting to write a series of posts on the subject for a very long time, but worried that it would seem braggadocios or boring or super lame or totally not helpful, but I just decided to buck up and do it. If you have a young reader or are interested in the subject, I’ll be writing the series at my Babble Voices blog for the next few weeks. Post #1 is here, and post #2 is here. (I posted some early videos of Wito as a reference, which has totally thrown me into a ridiculously wistful state of nostalgia. MY BABY ISN’T MY BABY ANYMORE. Wahhhhh.)
4. I had such a lovely time at Camp Mighty last weekend. Maggie and Laura showed us all such a good time, and I want to live at the Ace Hotel forever and ever amen. More photos and fun to come.
Steph!November 18, 2011 at 8:18 am
I am booking an appointment for someone as a Christmas gift. I cannot wait to hear how much she loves the experience (arrogant gift giver syndrome?! ;)).
whoorlNovember 18, 2011 at 10:03 am
LindsayNovember 18, 2011 at 9:52 am
Ok, two things:
1. The Drybar in Brentwood is about as close to on my way home from work as you can get. Meant to be? I’m fascinated. And also, do they even realize how thick my hair is? ONE price for everybody? Crazytown. Thanks for the tip.
2. I was one of the people who commented on the wonky-ness of Style United. But you should also probably know that I trudged through and must have watched about 15 different videos. It’s still a great site and you should be VERY proud of your work there. I have high hopes that they’ll fix it up a bit more and make it awesome. :)
whoorlNovember 18, 2011 at 10:05 am
Exactly! My hair is so thick – I sat down with two other women, and they were out the door before half of my hair had been dried. My stylist got quite a workout!
Thanks so much re: Style United. It’s a dream job for me, and it makes me super excited to hear that you like it. (Besides the kinks, of course…)
TinaNovember 18, 2011 at 10:59 am
Can’t wait to check out the Style United site. I am avoiding work right now but have just been too busy to read much of anything.
I am excited to read your posts about early readers. My 4 year old is taking off without me and really has been since he was 2.
OliviaNovember 18, 2011 at 11:47 am
Oh L.A. (that’s where you live, right?)…That’s how much I pay for my hair cut including tip, and it’s totally not at a cheapo salon.
Seriously Sassy MamaNovember 18, 2011 at 3:19 pm
I am super excited! There is a dry bar not far from me so my besties and I are going to go for blow outs and drinks! What a great idea and concept!
RoxannaNovember 18, 2011 at 7:26 pm
Your hair looks AMAZING! Lead me to the link where you’ve explained how you got that cut — I want to ask my stylist for those exact layers.
estelleNovember 18, 2011 at 7:49 pm
Dry Bar is AMAZING! Seriously. I’ve been to one of the LA locations and SF and had great hair for days. It’s always a bit of a letdown when I have to wash my hair and then attempt to blow it dry. It’s a sad contrast. Congrats on the launch. I’m off to check it out.
MelNovember 19, 2011 at 4:53 pm
Love the new series and reference materials. Oh, and braggadocios – my new favorite word, so thank you very much.
SashaNovember 21, 2011 at 7:13 am
You’re hair looks perfect! May I ask what lipstick/lipgloss you are wearing in the photos? I have similar coloring and am always on the hunt!
whoorlNovember 21, 2011 at 8:33 am
Yes! It’s NARS Flamenco. It’s the perfect sheer, buildable red. I have recommended it to tons of people (all different skin tones) and everyone loves it. You should try!
Tanya ReyNovember 23, 2011 at 8:41 am
Just found your blog… I think we should all treat ourselves to a blow-out once in a while! =)
MelNovember 23, 2011 at 6:54 pm
How about the foundation deets? I just love this look!
whoorlNovember 24, 2011 at 3:47 pm
No foundation. :)