1. Last night I had the honor of hosting a party for my friends at one of my very favorite stores, Splendid. I had such a fun time – shopping, manicures, braids by Drybar, champagne, and my very favorite treat ever, Sidecar Doughnuts. Thanks to everyone for coming out! (This is the CUTEST dress ever, by the way. Oh, and these pants? Perfection.)
2. Okay, you all have to check out this website. Two good friends with opposite relationship problems found themselves single at the same time. As an experiment, they dated for 40 days. It’s awesome.
3. I’ve got lots of hair fodder up at Style United. How to get a tousled updo :: Everything you need to know before you chop bangs :: Make your own saltwater spray for beachy waves :: The hot new undercut braid
4. When Tracy gets new cookbooks, I take notes.
5. I just love this photo of my girl crush and her bearded man. That is all.
6. 10 words that you are probably misusing. Travesty? Really?
7. As my tribute to the 80s, 50 things only 80s kids can understand AND 53 things only 80s girls can understand. Pegged jeans! Rio by Duran Duran! Scratch and sniff stickers! Pulling the dots off your Matrix printer paper! Those glitter batons filled with mysterious fluid! JAKE RYAN. (I could go on and on, really.)
Happy weekend, everyone!
Secret Agent JosephineJuly 26, 2013 at 9:29 am
Thank you for inviting us. We had so much fun! I think Bug would like shopping parties like that full time please. :)
whoorlJuly 26, 2013 at 9:36 am
It was so great to see you too! And tell Bug I would like shopping parties to be my full-time career too. :)
monaJuly 26, 2013 at 9:32 am
I love that patchwork dress! I need something like that for this hot weather.
SaraJuly 26, 2013 at 11:19 am
I just spent the last hour reading the nineteen days between Jessica and Tim. I’m soooo anxious to read more. It’s absolutely fascinating
AllisonJuly 26, 2013 at 12:24 pm
I, too, just spent way too much time (at work? Huh?) reading the first nineteen days and was sooo sad when I realized that the updates weren’t finished (the dates of their dates made me think I was going to get to read it all right now!) I’m an instant gratification girl… and now I’m hooked! So thanks for that :)
TanyaJuly 26, 2013 at 2:54 pm
You look stunning in the dress. Loved seeing you on HH’s blog too!
Necole@seriouslysassymamaJuly 26, 2013 at 7:05 pm
I would like to add Roy Dobler to the list.