1. The rape culture of the 80s, explained by Sixteen Candles.
2. What is the difference between a facial oil and a serum? Here’s the answer.
3. Mr. Autumn Man walking down the street with a cup of coffee. #cozy
4. “I am so tired of the moment when you discover how little your weight counts against the train’s.” It’s so difficult to get the train to stop.
5. Dear men, how to talk to the women in your life right now.
6. Is this the year when skincare became a coping mechanism?
7. Votes for women. I ALL CAPS LOVE THIS WEBSITE.
8. What?! Not my La Croix! Don’t worry, you won’t die.
9. I need this sweater in every shade.
10. I finally filmed an updated video on my hair routine.
11. On this week’s Selfie podcast episode, my trip to an intuitive, a bad caffeine reaction, and an interview with Lisa Gungor.
Happy Friday to you all! Hope you have a beautiful weekend.
image credit: niaz uddin
BGOctober 5, 2018 at 7:35 am
I love your odds and ends. But can I ask a favor? I’m not sure what you level of science knowledge is, but I am concerned that you shared the piece on La Croix. It is straight up fear mongering. The “ingredient, which is used in cockroach insecticide” at the heart of the lawsuit is linalool a “naturally occurring terpene alcohol found in many flowers and spice plants.” : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linalool. A quick wiki search would have pointed out that this article is fear mongering. I love so much of what you share and your platform. But the world doesn’t need any more fear in it.
whoorlOctober 5, 2018 at 7:49 am
So, I’m pretty familiar with Linalool, as it’s used in many green beauty products which I’m okay with if used in very small concentrations. However, the thought of ingesting it did make me pause, as it *is* a possible human immune system toxicant. (https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/703568/LINALOOL/#.W7ddAhNKjOQ) Also, just because something is naturally-occurring doesn’t mean it’s safe, but I’m sure you know that! But yeah, there are definitely much worse food ingredients out there. Also, I will probably be drinking a La Croix by week’s end, so there’s that, and I updated with an additional link as to not cause ALL THE FEAR. :D
Bre GraceOctober 6, 2018 at 11:46 am
Thanks for your response. Here is more info: https://www.popsci.com/lacroix-lawsuit-natural-synthetic-flavors?utm_source=FB
I am also happy to provide actual research if you would prefer.