1. I regret to inform you that my wedding to Captain Von Trapp has been canceled.
2. So, apparently, fasting is good for you as it triggers stem cell regeneration.
3. How to build a relationship that lasts.
4. Please tell me you watched this video of a London crowd at a Green Day concert. Best thing I’ve seen in awhile!
5. Florida beachgoers form a human chain to rescue a family. People are good.
6. My gorgeous friend Lisa is done with coloring her gray at 38. She is such an inspiration. (And SO knowledgeable about wellness and green beauty too!)
7. My other gorgeous friend recently came out to her dad, all thanks to Trump. (Maybe he is good for something? #dreamon)
8. Child-free marriages. What you should probably know before getting all nosy and up in their grill.
9. I finally wrote a visitor’s guide to Oklahoma City!
10. You guys, it’s that time of year. Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale, and for those of you cardholders, early access has started. (And for those of you who don’t and are eyeing something, get it in your cart now!) Love this, this, and these. This is also my travel tote of choice.
11. Dealing with betrayal. Four solid coping strategies.
Happy Friday to you. Enjoy your weekend!
ClaudiaJuly 14, 2017 at 9:35 am
I’m not yet as gray as your friend, but I’ve also decided I’m not going to cover my grays. I’ve been dying my hair since high school, and am approaching 48, so it’s been a loooooong time with color on my hair. Like Lisa, I don’t want to be a slave to it. I’m not taking drastic measures with my wrinkles, so I’m gonna let those grays come in too. Very liberating!
Also, love Heather Barmore!!!
whoorlJuly 14, 2017 at 10:57 am
Love your outlook, Claudia! I am getting a strip of silver in my bangs, and I’m kind of loving it. :)
MegJuly 14, 2017 at 10:25 am
I’ve never colored my hair. I’m 42, and I kind of want to try it, like just to play around. I never can pull the trigger because I’m afraid I will be a on treadmill of hair coloring that I can’t get off, which doesn’t really make sense, given your friend’s recent decision to just stop. Hmn.
whoorlJuly 14, 2017 at 10:56 am
I think Lisa’s point is that she’s not going to give into the societal conventions revolving around women and gray hair. However, just coloring your hair for reasons (like changing up a look) can be fun.
Maria C. Pence (NO relation to the VP)July 14, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Thanks for sharing the grey article and no kids marriage; bothvresonated with me! My husband and I have decided to not have children and I think it matters more to people not in our marriage than it does us…lol.
Also…33 and I have stringy grey hairs. Trying to embrace it. Reading and seeing people that I envy their style helps.
whoorlJuly 14, 2017 at 2:55 pm
All I know is that your name with descriptor is about the best thing I’ve ever read in my life!
Maria C. PenceJuly 15, 2017 at 3:48 am
Maria C. PenceJuly 15, 2017 at 3:49 am
Whoops…that was supposed to be an emoji…it didn’t translate : )