1. It doesn’t matter what the circumstance, I could be tortured by Jack Bauer with no sleep for a week and STILL not be able to sleep on an airplane or in a car.
2. I have never owned a pet, nor do I care to in the future.
3. In my mid-20’s, I was a sales manager in charge of entertainment accounts in a Kansas City hotel. Needless to say, I have had to deal with a plethora of precarious situations involving celebrities and musicians.
4. Directly after that job, I accepted a national sales position which required me to move out of my apartment, put all of my belongings into storage and fly around the country for a year. I don’t know what I was thinking, but it was an experience I’ll never forget.
5. Without fail, I reorganize my kitchen pantry every two weeks.
6. I am not a people watcher, and I loathe feeling like I’m the object of a stranger’s stare.
7. When I was sixteen years old, I wrecked three cars in 48 hours. Still haven’t lived that one down.
8. Despite that “unfortunate” experience, I am a very good driver. I prefer to call my style of driving “fast and accurate”.
9. I am petrified of food poisoning. I would rather lick a tarantula than vomit.
10. One of my most annoying habits is chewing my bottom lip. I do it without even noticing.
11. I was an early reader and skipped a grade as a child.
12. I do not drink soda and haven’t for a decade. I actually enjoy drinking water.
13. It might as well be Christmas Day when the J. Crew catalog arrives in the mail. It’s my bible, I love it and would profess my love VERY LOUDLY from a mountaintop. Your attempts at mocking do not sway me.
14. I am addicted to flats. Can’t. Stop. Buying. Them.
15. Since graduating college thirteen years ago, I have not lived in the same state for more than four years. We are starting our fifth year in California and I’m feeling the itch.
16. I am not a sweets person. Give me a bag of Doritos over cookies any day.
17. I have a fascination with men’s beards. Ray LaMontagne, call me.
18. My mother just signed up for a Twitter account. This delights/stuns/frightens me to no end.
19. I’m a morning person. I’m exploding with energy the minute my eyes open, and it slowly whittles away throughout the day. I’m pretty much good for nothing after 7pm.
20. If a commercial for a scary movie comes on the television, I have to mute the television, cover my eyes and count to thirty. (You know, to MAKE SURE it’s over before opening my eyes again.)
21. The one memory that makes me uncomfortable to the point of shuddering was a Scuba diving incident I experienced in Cabo San Lucas about 10 years ago.
22. Before having a child, I worried that motherhood would make me an overly anxious person. On the contrary, being a mom has mellowed me out something fierce. (Which is a good thing.)
23. I have two tattoos and am debating re-inking a new design over one of them.
24. I love music. Doesn’t matter what genre. If it gives me goosebumps, I’m a fan for life.
25. With that being said, listening to The Grateful Dead makes me want to off myself. Seriously, it doesn’t matter what song, that shit BUMS ME OUT.
Originally posted on Facebook – this meme seems to be speading like wildfire over there.
susieFebruary 5, 2009 at 7:48 am
I wanna know more details about #7, #21, and #23! I like this meme, but I can’t seem to make mine concise enough! Must learn how to shut up.
ashley.starFebruary 5, 2009 at 7:52 am
Number twenty two makes me feel much better.
I can be anxious at times, and I’m anxious (ha!) about motherhood someday. I am very anti-helicopter/overprotective parenting, though…so hopefully I’ll mellow out, too.
I love learning from people who’ve already been there. :)
Janel JacobsFebruary 5, 2009 at 8:21 am
Hi!! We love your blog. Wanted to let you know we linked to you in our faves of the week post.Keep up the good work!
kalleFebruary 5, 2009 at 8:36 am
i won’t mock you for your love of all things j.crew…i almost always love the things you lust after, or link to, and hold you directly responsible for several items currently hanging in my closet. that being said, where did you shop for/find cute (not ‘cutsie’) maternity clothes when you were pregnant? thanks!
whoorlFebruary 5, 2009 at 8:54 am
Kalle, I found most of my day-to-day stuff at Gap, Old Navy and Babystyle, but Chiarakruza had some unique pieces that I wore as well.
Naissance on Melrose and Belly Dance Maternity were my favorite maternity boutiques.
sizzleFebruary 5, 2009 at 9:05 am
Wreaking three cars in 48 hours is impressive. I once got pulled over three times in a 6 hour span.
Grateful Dead = BLECH!
LauraFebruary 5, 2009 at 9:06 am
As I read #10 I discovered I was chewing on my own lips. It’s gross, but I can’t seem to stop. My Mom does it, too. Nature or nurture, I wonder…
MelFebruary 5, 2009 at 9:07 am
Let’s see….me & #9! We have that in common!
sunnyFebruary 5, 2009 at 9:21 am
I like how chill and down to earth your 24 are. For some reason a lot of the ones I’m seeing on FB are a little self righteous.
amyFebruary 5, 2009 at 9:22 am
I would never have thought you had tattoos.
Camels & ChocolateFebruary 5, 2009 at 9:56 am
Wow, I totally didn’t take you as a tattoo girl–interesting!
And I love the fact that you flew around the country for a year…very cool!
whoorlFebruary 5, 2009 at 9:57 am
Yes, under this J. Crew exterior are some tattoos from long ago. ;)
joslynFebruary 5, 2009 at 10:05 am
Here’s where we were separated at birth:
I can not sleep on an airplane either
I’m a chronic pantry re-organizer
I want to go to bed at 8pm every night
Hate every thing about scary movies…all of it…
But I am a major, MAJOR people watcher…
tutugirl1345February 5, 2009 at 10:32 am
I’m the same way about ads for scary movies. If I watch, I end up having nightmares for a week.
JCrew is the greatest thing ever.
JanssenFebruary 5, 2009 at 10:38 am
I’m such a water drinker too, but I seem to be in the minority. Which is weird because water is such sweet sweet cool nectar to me.