Redken Creative Consultant Guido did a LOT of hair at the 2010 Fall/Winter shows this past month. “This season we looked at everything with a different point of view, and took different directions to update iconic styles—everything from ‘60s boho to ‘90s grunge.”
• A great blow-dry is the foundation for any style, including the feminine waves seen at Chloé. To create them, Guido applied velvet gelatine 07 cushioning blow-dry gel, set hair in pin curls, then brushed out the curls to create an airy, full-bodied shape.
• Inspired by French actresses of the 1950s and 60s, the hair at Nina Ricci was modernized with controlled, shaped volume. Key to getting the look: aerate 08 bodifying cream-mousse. Blow-dry into hair, then backcomb at the crown to create extra body. Finish by brushing hair away from the face—let it fall over the “bump” at the crown—and mist on forceful 23 super strength finishing spray.
• The unkempt, 60s-inspired volume at Roberto Cavalli worked perfectly with the collection’s boho influence. Guido relied on rootful 06 root lifting spray to add height to the silhouette, and created loose waves by wrapping sections around an iron.
• The disheveled, wet-look hairstyle at Alexander Wang featured a deep, dramatic side part. For a toned-down take on the look, mist hair with NEW wax blast 10 high-impact finishing spray-wax to enhance texture, part hair on the side, and mist on forceful 23 super strength finishing spray.
• A sexy center part? At Versace, nothing less would do. Guido applied velvet gelatine 07 cushioning blow-dry gel, then set hair in large rollers to create loose, screen-siren waves. Bellissima!
• The sleek ponytail seen at Calvin Klein epitomizes pulled-together glam. Create a deep side part, smooth on glass 01 smoothing serum for a high-shine finish, and secure into a low ponytail. Mist iron silk 07 ultra straightening spray on the tail and flat-iron for a sleek, glossy finish.
• Easy sophistication—“a French, 70s-movie feel”—was the order of the day at Marc Jacobs. Achieving the look couldn’t be simpler: Mist NEW wax blast 10 high-impact finishing spray-wax on dry hair and tousle. For an even more casual feel, borrow a trick from the runway and tuck a few strands into a collar or under a scarf.
• The look at Reed Krakoff’s debut collection was eclectic, and Guido created a nonchalant hairstyle to complement. “Sexy and beautiful” is how he described the look, which he created by misting wool shake 08 gel-slush texturizer on dry hair to bring out natural wave.
• The key to making the most of your hair’s natural assets? Make sure you’re using a haircare regimen appropriate for your hair type. To boost body, try Body Full. For frizz control, choose Smooth Down.
• The updo seen at Prada was a nod to “classic French hairdressing.” Guido used thickening lotion 06 body builder to prep models’ hair, then locked in their full-volume chignons with a generous amount of forceful 23 super-strength finishing spray.
• “At Yves Saint Laurent, we took a classic chignon and modernized it for the design house,” says Guido. How did he manage to give this traditional look a modern touch? Simple—by applying hardwear 16 super strong gel around the hairline to create a lacquer finish.
• The final touch for any sculpted updo: a shine-boosting hairspray. Backstage favorite quick dry 18 instant finishing spray will keep any updo in control with a firm, no-fuss finish.
CarolineOctober 27, 2010 at 4:40 pm
Love it! I love how soft and accessible every one of those hair styles looks. I am so tired of seeing runway hair that by no easy means could be translated into an everyday look.
SarahOctober 27, 2010 at 4:50 pm
That’s exactly what I thought! Love them all.
DCOctober 5, 2011 at 1:17 pm
My hair had been very dry and brittle due to the winter weather, and I had tried everything from hot oils, to cholesterol, to mayonnaise, to reconstructive therapies. None of it was helping, and since I blow dry and flat iron my hair, I really needed some help. I bought the entire line of Hydrate products from Shielo Hair Care (Hydrate Shampoo, Hydrate Conditioner and Hydrate Sealing Mist), and with JUST ONE USE ends are no longer frizzy and dry, and my hair is silky. The Hydrate Sealing Mist is very light, so it doesn’t leave your hair feeling greasy.
I am a believer of these products, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has dry damaged hair!!!