Long hair buggin’? Check out my 10 favorite hair tutorials.
I promise this one is not hard! See my full instructions here.
This episode of Sarah Says covers my current beauty essentials, as well as the best concealers I found from my extensive searching spurred on by this post. (Great comments and suggestions, by the way.) Master list: LORAC Pro Eyeshadow Palette Bobbi Brown Blush in Pale Pink NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard Josie Maran Creamy […]
Remember my teeny tiny obsession with colorist Johnny Ramirez’s work? Well, I finally bit the bullet and took this virgin hair of mine to the Ramirez Tran Salon in Beverly Hills a few weeks ago. You guys, I spent TWELVE hours having my hair colored and cut by Johnny and Anh Co Tran, respectively. (And […]
To all my fellow wavy gals looking for THE product, look no further. Lo, I have found it. (And you all know I’ve tried everything under the sun, right?) Oribe Curl Shaping Mousse. It’s the best. Smells amazing, doesn’t make hair stiff or crunchy, keeps frizz at bay, AND defines waves or curls like no […]
Here’s the thing about blogging for eight years – you’ll be in a conversation with someone, and they’ll say, “Hey! You should do a post on hair rollers,” and you’ll say, “I did! I created a battle of the rollers series! DON’T YOU REMEMBER THAT RIVETING SERIES!?,” and they’ll be like, “No.” Then you’ll search […]
Awwww yeahhh, heavy hair be gone. Although not pixified, I do feel like a new lady. You see, to make a long (hair) story short, about a year and a half ago, I decided to grow my hair out like this lovely woman. The idea was born during the Pantene commercial shoot, when it was […]
1. I recently sipped (guzzled) my first Paloma cocktail, and it was just about the most delicious drink in the whole entire world. So happy I found this recipe (and beautiful photos!) on Drizzle and Dip. It’s going to be my summer drink. (Yes, I’m already planning things like that.) 2. Sorry I’ve been a […]
If Pantene ruled the world, it would be a place “where women would always shine, smile, feel and look their best.” Well, in the meantime, while planning for total world domination, Pantene has come up with its own set of fun, upbeat “rules” on the Pantene Facebook page. (Which, quick aside here, but have you […]
1. Eddie Redmayne, your freckles are beyond. 2. There are many things I love about Creature Comforts, but the Color Inspiration posts are the best. 3. I am feeling this curly, chin-length bob. 4. I must say, I’ve become relatively proficient in reading and breaking down food labels, and this post by A Dinner and […]
1. Let’s talk about the house, guys. I realize I kind of left you all hanging with all the updates and then….nothing. Well, we’ve been working hard to finish the space, and we are getting really close. (Although, come on, you are never really “finished,” but that’s the fun and/or frustration of it all.) D […]
1. I’m always trying to figure out how to create a smoky eye that is more subtle/demure, less vampire/whorehouse. Love the above look, and all the products used are listed in this Glamour article. (And speaking of vampires, that actress is dating Peter Facinelli, aka Carlisle Cullen, who used to be married to Kelly from […]
I’m still stewing over the big chop, which really shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone since I don’t possess even a sliver of the “oh what the hell, just do it” gene in my body. Nope, I approach my hair decisions exactly like I approach every decision in my life — very methodically, looking at […]
I just love this illustration I found on Pinterest. It’s a perfect guide, really. image source via Kim Pertinent
You can use all the bobby pins you want, but if you want your updo to truly last all day, it’s what you do to your hair BEFORE you put it up that matters. Check out my tried and true tips at Style United.
It seems I’m not the only one feeling shorter hair these days. According to The New York Times, model Karlie Kloss’s new chop is the haircut of the year. Vogue declared it the “cut of the moment” in a four-page feature story in the January issue, saying “the season’s new hair is swingy, sexy — […]
1. Rachel Weisz, you were Old Hollywood perfection last night. Well, at least from the mid-thigh up. Wasn’t really a fan of the bottom of this dress, but I’m boring, so there you go. 2. Mandy Patinkin, you were robbed. ROBBED, I SAY! You deserved that award, sir. (I also enjoy your beard.) 3. Whoah! […]
While we’re on the subject of hair, can I express just how badly I want Anne Hathaway’s pixie cut? I’ve been thinking about this long and hard, and here are my thoughts on the matter. Reasons why I should go for Anne Hathaway’s pixie cut. 1. It is something completely unexpected for me. 2. It […]