Happy New Year!
Thanks to Linda for creating such fabulous time suckage.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Completed the Couch to 5K running program, and I can’t sing its praises enough. AWESOME.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t remember…I think I resolved to exercise more. So yes! Yes, I did! This year I am going to take up crocheting. Someone needs to hold me to this.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister Lala gave birth to her smooshable son.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.
5. What countries did you visit?
Zip, zero, nada.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A personal jet or a futuristic human transporter so I can see my family more often.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 28th – see #3.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being offered a paid writing job by one of my favorite writers.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Giving my laptop more attention than Wito on several occasions.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major, though I did drop trou for a tetanus shot administered by a hot male nurse.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My housekeeper – for never making a dig about the unbelievable amount of cheerios she has to pick up on a weekly basis.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
God, Britney Spears. I don’t know whether to laugh or bawl.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Hello, Southern California rent.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Every little thing Wito did for the first time.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Cataracts by Andrew Bird
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:? a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, Thinner and Richer. SCORE.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish we spent more time at the beach. I get so caught up in not wanting to deal with the effort that I forget how glorious listening to the waves can be.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Staring vapidly at my Google Reader, Flickr and Twitter.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In Oklahoma with my family. It was truly wonderful.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Does Tim Riggins count?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Friday Night Lights. See #21.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
The Kite Runner.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
To stay in our house without dealing with toxic fumigation.
27. What did you want and not get?
Nothing comes to mind.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
We don’t see movies. *GASP* D despises the movie theater. The last movie I saw was Charlie and The Chocolate Factory with Brenda.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Unsuccessfully shopped for a purse, but laughed hysterically at the heinous options available to the masses. I turned 33.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Living closer to my family.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Ponytail bangs, bold glasses and Vans.
32. What kept you sane?
Wito’s early bedtime. My favorite blogs. Friends (both online and off.)
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Taylor Kitsch. (Um, HELLO.)
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
My family in Oklahoma. (Can you tell I just returned from a trip home?)
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I met some really fantastic people this year – most of them are in these photos.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Children are insane, tiring, precious, heart-wrenching and beautiful. A glass of wine at 7pm is key. Bangs are like botox for your forehead. Don’t obsess over things you can’t change- focus on what you can.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Simple Things, by Zero 7
It’s an easy ride to roam
You’ll never walk alone
Naturally we blew
Simple things we say
Everyday we find the way
Seems like we’ve opened up the door
Feels like we’ve walked this way before
Naturally we blew
Simple things you say
Everyday you’ll find the way