While We’re On The Subject…
Let’s talk about concealer, foundation and SPF.
First off, the lip gloss recommendations were out of control. Out of control and totally kick ass. I love that we can all be so unbelievably shallow together. Shallow Lips Unite! I’ve received so many emails from you all about your new purchases and frankly, I have no idea how you made your decisions. Every attempt at sorting through the comments leaves me cross-eyed and drooling. I’ve decided I am momentarily way too caught up in lip gloss, so let’s get caught up in something new.
Shallow Faces Unite!
Ever since Wito came along, my skin has not been looking so hot. I’m a little red and blotchy, ladies. On most days, I don’t wear any makeup (except gloss or balm, of course!), but on the days I am out and about, I’d like a light and natural (SHEER) way to even out my skin tone. I currently use Bobbi Brown Foundation stick for my eye area and I just bought her compact foundation to use (VERY sparingly) to even out my skin.
I like it. I guess. I don’t know. This shit confuses me.
Here are my questions:
1) What SPF products do you use on a daily basis? Do you use a moisturizer with SPF included? Or do you use a moisturizer and a SPF product?
2) Are there any sheer foundation products/powders that you really love?
Criteria (get ready):
1. Right now, I am using Olay Complete SPF 15 moisturizer. It seems to work fairly well with my sensitive complexion, although I would like to find something with higher SPF in it. I am willing to spend more, but I always find myself happier with drugstore brands when it comes to moisturizers.
1. I do not like tinted moisturizers (drugstore OR fancy pants). Tried them all, hate them all.
2. Not a fan of Bare Escentuals. It makes my face way too shimmery/shiny/weird.
3. I do not want to use a brush to apply concealer. It needs to be in a tube or a stick or something.
4. Actually, I don’t want to use a brush for any liquid product. Fingers are good.
5. I am intrigued by powders. I’m happy to use a brush for powder, and I would really like to find a powder that gives coverage without looking all dry and seeping into creases.
6. Yes, a perfect powder would be great.
Basically, I want my skin to look fantastic with no effort. FINE, maybe a little effort.
What I DON’T want are steps. Swirl this, buff that, blah blah blah. I want easy breezy 1-minute application.
God, I’m fucking picky. How do you deal with me?