What I’m Buying Today: More J. Crew Shit

I suck. I completely suck donkey ass.

I was doing so well! 6 weeks in and not a thing bought! GAHHHHHH, I am a truly sick individual.

You see, I had an out in this whole No Shopping Adventure. In my possession was a J. Crew gift card from Christmas that I was hoarding for the perfect opportunity. A pinch hitter, if you will. When times got tough and I was jonesing for something new, I could pull that bad boy out and hit the racks.

I knew exactly what I was going to buy today. This cardigan.

erez

(On sale for $34.99!)

You know, the cardigan wasn’t really doing much for me on the website. Gray, ruffles, tissue tee material…it’s okay. I noticed it went on sale this week, so Wito and I took a little trip to J. Crew this morning. I tried it on and well, the clouds parted and I saw the light. It’s so cute and chic and perfect for my daily life. I had about $50 left on the card – I was just going to purchase it and run.

Until I saw the exact same cardigan in the most lovely shade of pink. NOT the shade shown on the website, but a deeper, lovelier, PERFECT PINK THAT I JUST HAD TO HAVE. DAMMIT!

Then, Jay (the greatest J. Crew associate ever – damn you, Jay!) brought this top to the dressing room.

erez-1

Also, on sale! In slub cotton! I WANT TO GO ALL THE WAY WITH SLUB COTTON.

I spent 50 dollars over the amount of the gift card.

Did I mention that I’m a huge failure who sucks donkey ass?

The shirts are still in the bag. I think I might take a couple of them back. I can’t believe I actually feel this crappy about breaking my no shopping mandate. What is happening to meeeeeeeee?

What would you do? Say screw it or take two of the items back?

• ashley.star

March 2, 2009 at 11:21 am

Just got to this post and now I’m all curious and stuff.

Did you return or didn’t you!?

Ah! The suspense!

• Laura

March 2, 2009 at 11:54 am

I hear you. I got the catalog in the mail the other day and it killed me. I ended up getting the chiffon trim tissue tee cardigan. But I want some of the slub cotton stuff too. I think you deserve to keep them. You used a gift card and you’ve gone 6 weeks, that is incredible!! I keep trying to do what you’ve done, and I mess up every few days. I am starting anew today.

• Buffy

March 2, 2009 at 1:29 pm

What I do when I really, really want to keep something is go without going out for lunch/coffee/beers/whatever you like to go out for until I’ve paid myself back for what I’ve spent on some particular item that I couldn’t live without. For example, for a while I was spending about $5 to $8 a day on lunch. I bought myself a bunch of new clothes, and I’ve started bringing my lunch which saves me that daily money.

• Nicole

March 3, 2009 at 11:33 am

Dying to know what you decided…

• Gia

March 3, 2009 at 12:20 pm

Ok, I didn’t read the others, but if it were me—I would return the pink sweater because it wasn’t what I came for. I would, however, keep the short sleeved one due to the fact you were set up by the sales clerk when he brought it to your dressing room. And then, I could sleep at night. Good Luck.

• Tami

March 5, 2009 at 8:58 pm

This is my suggestion for “other”. Give them away in a reader contest. I would love a new shirt.

1 3 4 5