The Lip Gloss List
One of the list suggestions in yesterday’s comments (Hi Bearca!) was my all-time favorite lip glosses. And if you know me at all, you know I am all sorts of serious when it comes to this subject. I have a small army of glosses scattered around the house. How could I possibly downgrade such an important list to the comments section?!
And really, why talk about parenting issues, global warming or the 2008 elections (Barack! I was in LA in spirit!) when you can talk about LIP GLOSS? On this here blog! Let’s get to it!
Disclaimer: Whoorl has dark hair, dark eyes and fair skin. Whoorl does not guarantee lip gloss compatibility with different skin tones. Failure to recognize this fact could lead to erroneous purchasing of lip gloss and irritability after the fact. You should not commit to new lip gloss if you have a history of finicky behavior or poor decision-making skills. Please consult a professional (like the Sephora mavens) before attempting lip gloss replacement. The professional may need to conduct a color swatch and gloss application to ensure the proper match. Lip gloss application may cause pruritis and swelling of the lips, headache, nausea and diarrhea. However, the most common side effect is suddenly looking smokin’ HOT.
Lip gloss criteria:
1. I don’t do sticky. Nothing is worse than a chunk of your freshly-washed hair stuck in your lips. I would much rather reapply than deal with the stick. Sadly, this means no MAC lip glass, Bobbi Brown lip gloss, etc.
2. Glitter is a deal breaker. I can deal with very finely-milled flecks, but that’s it. Inevitably, lip gloss wears off and those big hunks of glitter solely remain, making me look like I ate colloidal silver for breakfast.
Without further ado…
THE LIP GLOSS LIST
1. Chanel Glossimer in Spark – I think 75% of the people I know own this shade. From what I gather it looks great on pretty much anyone.
2. Delux Beauty Lip Gloss – I have about 6 or 7 of these. They aren’t sticky at all, very sheer (but buildable) and come in a tiny little tube that fits in the smallest of purses or pockets. This used to be important to me when I had a social life. Now, they can be a little tricky to find swimming in my humongous diaper bag. Oh, but they are worth it. My personal faves are:
Jasper – sheer shimmery pink
Norris – raspberry gold
Asher – shimmerless nude pink
Hank – peachy cream
Odin – mauve berry
Sephora has stopped carrying these glosses – rumor has it that Delux Beauty is going out of business. I’d shut down my business too if I just had twins and was married to McDreamy. I guess I better stock up.
3. Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Blush – This is a beautiful color. It’s definitely the most pigmented of my glosses (I usually steer towards the very sheer), but this is a no-fail compliment-getter. They say it’s a medium rose brown, but it’s more of a peachy-pink on me.
4. Stila Lip Glaze in Raspberry – They call it a “high gloss fuschia”. Frankly, that frightens me. I would say it’s a fun sheer fruity color for the summer. However, I can’t stand the clicky pen applicators. It either doesn’t release enough or overflows all over the place. Also, Apricot is a nice barely-there shade.
5. NARS lip gloss – Oh my, I love NARS. Especially the blushes. Of course, I rushed out and bought the Orgasm lip gloss to match my Orgasm blush, but sadly, it looks terrible on me. However, I really like the feel of the gloss. Metalia recently purchased Rose Birman, which intrigues me (yes, lip gloss intrigues me. Have you EVEN been paying attention?!)
So, tell me. What are your favorite lip glosses?
Oh SHIT, I’m about to faint from all the possibilities!