The birth story is too daunting at this point.

WHOAH.

This parenting gig is exhausting. My baby is a tad confused – sleepy angel by day, grunty scared-of-the-dark vampire by night. I totally blame the NICU.

S.O.S. – I’m so tired.

He never cries, but he loves to stay awake all night and cluster feed. Hence, my boobs are falling off, but for good reason. We had a home-health nurse make a visit to check on the baby’s weight and such. She wanted to make sure he was back to his birth weight at the two-week point.

Ahem. At 12 days old, he weighed in at 7 lbs, 14 ounces. So I guess you could say he gained enough to get back to his 6 pound, 11 ounce birth weight and THEN SOME.

GO (SORE) BOOBIES!

Oh, he’s awake. Gotta run.

As Britney would sing,

I’m a SLAAAAAAAVE to the boob…I cannot hold it; I cannot control it.

I’m a SLAAAAAAAVE to the boob…I won’t deny it; I’m not trying to hide it…

24 comments
  1. sbmeepers

August 17, 2006 at 9:41 pm

Hi!
    Absolutely no advice whatever re: sore boobage, cluster feeding or anything that will be helpful to you. Just wanted to stop by and say a) A huge congratulations to you b) Anders is sooooo beautiful (this from an unbiased source) c) You’re on my New Link List, if thats’ alright. You’re doing a wonderful job, as his weight gain testifies. Keep it up!

2. ali

August 18, 2006 at 5:27 am

lansinsoh!!!!! it helps a ton….
    love to you all!

3. ms. sizzle

August 18, 2006 at 7:47 am

is mild sleep deprivation hysteria setting in when you start to adapt britney spears lyrics to breast feeding? hee hee. :)

4. SAJ

August 18, 2006 at 8:00 am

Has anyone told you about the soothies? Little round rubber petri dish sticky sticker things you stick on your boobs. You can even put them in the fridge and chill them. BEST THING EVER. They sell ’em at Albertsons.

5. rebecca

August 18, 2006 at 9:49 am

SAJ beat me to it – I was going to recommend the Soothies or the Ameda ComfortGel pads. Miraculous. Stick those bad boys in the fridge while you nurse, then slap ’em on and your boobs will be so happy.

But go Anders gaining weight like that!! That is awesome.

6. Natalie

August 18, 2006 at 12:32 pm

Sent this to just about everyone I can think of with babies (or expecting babies) right now. So awesome! Thought Anders might enjoy some of it.

7. undercover celebrity

August 18, 2006 at 9:49 am

it’s good to see that in your state of extreme exhaustion you still maintain you composure and intellectual wit… oh wait… nope. :)

8. christy

August 19, 2006 at 8:24 am

Most babies are backwards with night and day in the beginning. It will get easier. Good girl!

9. flamencomom

August 22, 2006 at 3:43 pm

Oh, man, I’m having deja vu reading your birth story. Glad to see that little Anders is doing well–he is just so beautiful!!! What an angel! Congrats again to you and D.