1. I love love love this video so much.
2. Did you guys see the whole coyote prank thing this week? Pretty damn funny.
3. 13 things mentally strong people do not do. I need to work on #13. A lot.
4. OMG! This song perfectly sums up 2006. Laughed so hard.
5. “Life is not a series of problems to be solved, it’s a journey that you should be fascinated by.” Letting go is hard, y’all.
6. Credo Beauty is one of my favorite green beauty retailers and they are having their friends and family event right now. 20% off all orders over $75 with code CredoLovesFriends. I love their perfume and candle selection, and they pretty much carry every skincare brand that I use.
7. Dance like no one is watching. Get it!
8. This right here is my 5-minute makeup look for the winter months.
9. Well, now that you are mandated to bury aborted fetuses in Texas, here are some ideas for funerals. (I can’t BELIEVE this is now a law.)
10. Looking for a gift box or stocking stuffer this holiday? Check out this one and this one. Sustainable, eco-friendly, and handmade! I’d do a cartwheel if I received one of these.
11. Haha, the 2016 Hater’s Guide to the Williams-Sonoma catalog is just on time. The Poop Bucket Peppermint Bark had me smirking.
12. Love this post on how to get more involved in your community.
13. “The purpose of education is to become yourself so you can make meaningful and innovative contributions to society.” Great read.
14. Love. Five theories on the greatest emotion of all.
Happy Friday to you.
image credit: crate and barrel
BBBDecember 9, 2016 at 11:08 am
the law about abortion you are referring to does not require a funeral. it requires that the hospital or clinic disposes of the remains via internment or scattered crematory remains. it is the hospitals responsibly not, the “parents.” this is an an alternative to dumping the remains in medical waste land fill,
the article you posted it fanatical and in inaccruate. the law doesn’t even go into effect until 12/19.
rendering the entire article fictitious.
whoorlDecember 9, 2016 at 11:57 am
You realize the the article is satirical in nature, right?
LLDecember 10, 2016 at 12:41 am
Long time reader and love you. Seeing that you posted this article really bummed me out though. Abortion is messy and complicated, no way around that. People and their emotions are messy and complicated. This satire felt like it was making light of a complicated human experience that just shouldn’t be made light of. It’s okay…some stuff in life is just complicated and hard and we need to let it be that. But turning something this heavy into a semi joke makes me sad and seems to disrespect the real human emotions involved here. (again, it’s heavy…it is. That’s okay. Doesn’t make anyone right or wrong just cause it’s hard).
Annette SilveiraDecember 9, 2016 at 12:13 pm
I’ve never commented, but wow, this round-up is fantastic! Had to say thanks
whoorlDecember 9, 2016 at 12:24 pm
You are welcome!
BetsyDecember 10, 2016 at 4:28 pm
I appreciated the links. I especially appreciate the ones that are sensitive and require a certain amount of bravery to post. I agree it is a very sensitive subject, which is all the more reason to let people choose the way they want to handle it. Thanks!
RobertaDecember 10, 2016 at 5:59 pm
OMG! I think I loved everyone of those…especially the 2016 Song because it is on point with how I feel. Have a good one.