1. This woman sees 100 million colors, and she created a lipstick line. Very cool. (Sadly, they aren’t green/clean.)
2. If women wrote men the way men write women. Brilliant.
3. This really hit a nerve.
4. And I suppose this will hit many of yours. (I’ve never had a pet, so I have no opinion on the matter.)
5. “Issues in your tissues.” I had an intense emotional release this week during my yoga practice.
6. Now I get it! I never realized this about Lady Gaga’s Bad Romance single.
7. Always love Martha Beck. Great read on conquering depression, pain, and addiction.
8. I’m pretty sure I would break both of my ankles in an attempt to wear these pretty heels.
9. Okies! Be sure to read up about the state ballot questions! Will we actually get alcohol in grocery stores LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD?!
10. This is the reality of Trump supporters. A child in a gas chamber? My God.
11. How to raise kinder, less entitled kids according to science. I like science.
Happy Friday to you all. Hope you enjoy your weekend.
image credit: bon.se
KIrstiOctober 28, 2016 at 10:13 am
The video was sad. And, now to be off the phone one has to make a conscious effort because of the expectations that we are there waiting to respond. With 12, 10, and 1 1/2 year olds I see how it affects people differently. What was your experience when your family was screen-free and lasting changes for the kids? Did they lose interest? How do we change the landscape of communication both professional and personal so we can all look up!?!?
KateOctober 30, 2016 at 12:56 pm
Oof to the article re: pets/parents. The writer needs a major chill pill. As someone who lovingly/jokingly refers to herself as her dog’s mama, I can honestly say that I’m not equating my role as a pet owner with that of a human mother. For anyone to take offense to that or to devote so much energy to denouncing that behavior makes me feel like he/she has no soul. Lighten up! Or be fair, and start ranting about all the other erroneously self-appointed titles people give themselves.
KeliDecember 16, 2016 at 11:29 am
The director’s response to this little detail, extracted during a presser at the Toronto film festival (source is a serdcfes-libed “Afro-Canadian webmagazine”), was . (8th-from-last para)Reading Steve’s post I also thought immediately of that Perry Bible strip (“Now Showing: World War 2”).