1. Are you listening to the Serial podcast? Please tell me you are listening to the Serial Podcast. It is so so so good. (And if you are listening, the chart above pretty much nails it. More hilarious Serial charts here.)
2. This makes me want to hurl a little bit.
3. Great article on hormone disruptors – this totally plays into the cosmetics situation.
4. I am making these pumpkin pie truffles pronto. (Paleo!)
5. Jen has read Whoorl for a long time, and recently sent this article she wrote my way. Jen, you are kicking some ASS.
6. I love love love this chocolatey, bronzy smoky eye.
7. Wow, take one letter out of a movie title and it changes everything.
8. I think many of you might have this disease, but not know about it.
9. Why is it so funny when people slip and fall? I’m glad this guy found something to do while waiting for his kid in carpool line.
10. I found the perfect bronzer. REPEAT – I FOUND THE PERFECT BRONZER. No shimmer and no orange. God bless.
11. You better learn these amazing food and life hacks immediately. I completely agree with #1.
12. What in the sam hell is this? Why, it’s Cowboy Hip Hop!
13. “Coconut oil changed my life, and also my genetic coding.” Hahaaaaa.
14. My brain is officially broken. I can’t even comprehend half of this.
15. Let’s call it like it is. BuzzFeed video is killing it lately. Grandmas smoking pot for the first time. American guys try European swimwear. Prepare to laugh.
16. Impressions of celebrities while driving. She nails it!
17. Hipster Business Name Generator. Haha, my next website will be called Marver & Twig.
18. These are some of the best concealer tricks I’ve ever seen. (#12 is genius.)
19. I’m not going to lie – I follow this guy on Instagram. THE BEARD.
20. Finally, please. Someone buy this dress for the holidays. Or this one. Come to think of it, a holiday dress round-up is in order soon.
Okay, there you go. Plenty of links to get you through the holiday week because this girl is taking a break. And a breath. Looooong exhale. Happy Thanksgiving!
natalieNovember 24, 2014 at 10:56 am
Channel & Sword, amazing! Now, do I sell bourbon or boots? Happy Thanksgiving week!
GreenInOCNovember 25, 2014 at 2:24 am
Love Serial! Do you listen to Slate’s weekly podcast discussing the latest episode.
Another fun podcast is http://gimletmedia.com which is an inside look at starting a business – warts, cringes, laughs and successes.
#11 in your list is HILARIOUS!!
BeckyNovember 25, 2014 at 11:05 am
You know, I was enjoying those concealer tips- and then suddenly it struck me (as it sometimes does) the expectations on women in our society, and the lengths to which we are supposed to go to fulfil that most important of female goals (society says): beauty. Oh and youth. Oh and slenderness.
We are being encouraged to ‘sculpt’ our faces with several different shades of concealer, carving out hollows and highlights, making our bones appear more prominent, our skin appear younger. And that’s not the worst of it, not by a loooong shot.
How about: here’s my face. Just my face. And that’s Good Enough. And actually, it doesn’t matter. What matters is who I am.
And yet, I wear make-up every day, and will continue to do so.
(This isn’t a criticism of you Sarah, just the crazy beauty myth that most of us- me included- buy into)
KristiinaDecember 1, 2014 at 11:51 pm
“Here’s my face. Just my face.” Hahahaha! And yes. Yet, I never go bare faced.
KristiinaDecember 1, 2014 at 11:49 pm
I absolutely loved the Jen/Today show debacle story. I was so inspired after reading her account–thanks for sharing it here!! And as a big fan of coconut oil, I CRACKED UP at #13. Hilarious
JenDecember 4, 2014 at 10:31 pm
Thank you for sharing a bit of my story, Sarah. I’ll look forward to following your site Marver & Twig, too ;)