Well, hello there! Kind of disappeared this week, as I’ve been dealing with a lovely little bout of insomnia. As some of you might remember from my No Sleep ‘Til Brooklyn Summer Tour of 2013, I am pretty much good for nothing when I’m not sleeping. (Why, sleeping gods? WHYYYYYYYYYYYY?) My mind seems to follow the same crappy cycle of not sleeping for some random reason followed by worrying about not sleeping which causes me to not sleep which is followed by more worrying. IT IS SO FUN WHY DON’T YOU JOIN ME?
However, the great thing about overcoming a hard situation (like a horrible bout of insomnia) in the past is it arms you with the confidence that yes, indeed, you can and will overcome it. You did it before, right? I did. If there’s one thing I’ve learned over these past few years is that this too shall pass. THIS TOO SHALL PASS, my friends. No matter what you are dealing with right now…this too shall pass. And you will be a stronger, wiser person because of it, and, more importantly, know how to better deal with situations like it in the future. We are not our stories, friends. Today, you are light and you are awesome. Eat that for lunch.
Without further ado, some odds and ends for the weekend.
1. Tattooed senior citizens. I love this – looks better with age.
2. Data geniuses have figured out the ultimate road trip.
3. Is being a stay-at-home parent a luxury? Interesting read.
5. Want to be more successful? Stop wasting your brain.
6. You’ve probably seen this before, but I always think it’s a wonderful manifesto to revisit from time to time.
Happy weekend, everyone! The kids are on spring break next week, so it’s going to be crazy around here. Perhaps I should re-read that manifesto one more time.