1. Thanks for all of your exercise recs last week. I attended my first spin class in over a decade today, and man, I missed that sweat-dripping, heart-racing, bass-thumping, thigh-burning kind of cardio. I’ve got some barre and mat pilates classes coming up, so hopefully I can find that perfect mix of cardio and toning. I’ll keep you posted!
2. I loved reading your favorite W words on the SAJ giveaway post, and the winner of the W print is #30, Allison! You will receive your W print shortly.
3. I’m having a little Whoorl’s Closet sale right now. Why am I pimping it here, you ask? Well, I’ll probably go into more detail later, but here’s the gist. I have a ridiculously impulsive trigger finger when it comes to online shopping, and it just needs to stop. In 2012, I want to be more mindful of what I purchase. So! My goal for 2012 (in regards to purchasing clothes and accessories for myself) is to only spend the money I have in my Paypal account and/or use store credit. (OMG HAHAHAAAAAA, is that ridiculous? I have $8.60 in it right now, but I also just bought these beauties in black. $100 off on eBay, though! Uh, baby steps?) In a nutshell, I did a massive overhaul on my closet last week, donated the majority of it to Goodwill, but kept a few items to sell on Whoorl’s Closet. The money I receive from those items will go directly into my 2012 clothing fund. Who wants to wager on how long this will last?
4. I’m really digging the turtleneck scarf-tying method this month. You can check out that one and my 5 other favorites at Style United. (p.s. – it looks like a tag is hanging out of the back of my sweater, but it’s actually a tied grosgrain ribbon. Just didn’t want that to bother you, LIKE IT DOES ME.)
5. At my Babble Voices blog, feel free to commiserate with me in regards to my little 17-month-old, second-born rebel. You guys, I weep for the future.
6. And speaking of Babble, I was included in their Top 100 Mom Blogs of 2011 list. What the what? Thanks, Babble! (Although, what is up with the outrageously heinous photo? It’s like gorgeous mommy headshot photos everywhere you look, and then the one with the girl sitting in her bed, unshowered and looking like a crazy hobo. Hot stuff.)
ZiziDecember 20, 2011 at 3:15 pm
I love the picture on Babble.
whoorlDecember 20, 2011 at 3:59 pm
Of course you do, MOM.
Leslie CapronDecember 20, 2011 at 3:52 pm
Yay for spin! I’m going to try to make it tomorrow. The holiday break is totally jacking my routine. But I will make it out of the house tomorrow before 10am. And congratulations on Babble, its totally deserved!
berlin hair babyDecember 20, 2011 at 3:55 pm
hi sarah! I think thats an admirable goal for 2012. my recent move has taught me that I have too much stuff so I want 2012 to be about reducing the number of items in my closet and focusing on quality not quantity! If I do not really really truly love something then it stays in the store.
Happy Holidays! BHB
whoorlDecember 20, 2011 at 4:03 pm
Exactly, BHB! I have SO MUCH STUFF. (Well, I did. I donated an enormous amount of stuff last week.)
My thinking is that I will need to hold out and save up to purchase something that I really love, and that “waiting period” will give me time to decipher if it is something I truly love or just the thrill of clicking “buy.” We’ll see how it goes!
Happy Holidays to you too! xo
Mama BubDecember 20, 2011 at 4:12 pm
I love that your mom is the first comment.
ChristinaDecember 21, 2011 at 8:09 am
I couldn’t comment on your scarf video (not sure why), but where did you get the first scarf, the striped one? I love it!!!
whoorlDecember 21, 2011 at 8:16 am
I got it at a local boutique, but the brand is Épice.
ChristinaDecember 21, 2011 at 8:19 am
SamDecember 21, 2011 at 11:25 am
Congrats on making the list!
Aimee Giese | GreeblemonkeyDecember 21, 2011 at 1:35 pm
Of course you were included, cause you are awesome.
I hope yo see your pretty face in 2012.
IowamomDecember 22, 2011 at 7:58 am
You are all types of adorable. I love scarves as well since we live in the frozen tundra of northern Iowa. It helps so much to keep my neck/chest warm. Congratulations on making the blog list—you deserve it!
stephDecember 22, 2011 at 9:32 am
I’m not your mom and I LOVE the Babble photo! :)