1. I love this New York Times piece on what children from around the world eat for breakfast. Sugar Crisp cereal? Not so much.
2. Speaking of sugary cereal, I highly recommend seeing this movie. You can rent it on Amazon for $3.99.
3. And one more thing about sugar (if you haven’t guessed, after personally eating minimal sugar this past year, I’m cutting it waaayyyyy down for the rest of the family), Girls Gone Child has some great posts about the subject. This one by her mother, Wendy, is chock full of information, and I love these no/low sugar snack ideas by Rebecca.
4. Forty years of these sisters’ photos.
5. Hahaaa, you know I love me some Oprah (Super Soul Sunday, holla!), but this post about attending her new Life You Want Tour is HILARIOUS.
6. Braids are hard, they just are. Love these tips from Cupcakes and Cashmere.
7. 10 plant-based proteins you should be eating. I just can’t get enough of Nutrition Stripped lately.
image credit: NY Times
RachelOctober 17, 2014 at 6:17 am
Is that a personal photo and if so, where do you buy your dishes? I love them, particularly the one sort of in the middle with the peppers on it! Shopping for new dishes is no joke, so any help I can get is appreciated!
TraciOctober 18, 2014 at 8:19 pm
Can we talk about the chocolate covered bread in Amsterdam? YUM! That was a very interesting article all around to read.
CarrieOctober 19, 2014 at 11:21 am
I have fallen down the rabbit hole of Nutrition Stripped and I’m in love! Thank you so much for linking. I have really fallen off the good eating wagon lately and am feeling the repercussions in so many aspects of my life. Websites like this make it feel so much easier to get back to real food. Her nutrition bowls reminded me of a Vegan Yumm sauce I used to make that is so good I would have to stop myself from just straight up eating with a spoon. The blogger who created the recipe has stopped blogging but I found the recipe that is credited to her. It’s kid friendly and so so good, I’m making a big batch today. http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/2889113-Mmmm-Sauce
Also I am totally a super souler too but have to admit the article about the Oprah tour is hysterical – and also made me want to get a ticket when it comes to my city. I want a light up band to tell me when oprah is coming!!! Haha.
AlyssaOctober 20, 2014 at 8:00 am
I should’ve known when I saw this post and had already read and loved and passed on all of these links, but just wanted to let you know that you’re officially on my RSS “must read” list now. It only took me opening 10 tabs of your archives and/or linked to content before taking the plunge. It’s cool. Anyway, I found you via Kristen Howerton’s blog, and I am a fellow former CA resident (re)turned back to Midwesterner (Cincinnati, Ohio). Looking forward to hearing more about your adjustments to a land locked state.
GirlsGoneChildOctober 20, 2014 at 2:15 pm
Sarah! Thanks for including me, here! Love to you, sister! xoxox!