1. Wowza. This rings true for me. Social media…it’s a slippery slope.
2. This artist was seriously ahead of the color curve.
3. Oooh oooh oooh. I can never seem to catch the videostream when it’s live, but the ‘best of’ ones are awesome.
4. If #1 resonated with you, this is a must-read.
5. There’s a reason Rebecca just won Best Writing at the Iris Awards. This post is perfection.
6. Coolest thing on the internet, for reals. Tree rings! On a record player!
1. I am grateful for a few fellow Lymies that have been invaluable to me over the past month. You know who you are!
2. I am grateful for Lundberg Sea Salt Rice Chips. My carb intake is minimal, so these gluten-free chips are my treat once in awhile. Bomb dot com.
3. I am grateful that I stopped my antibiotics this week. I can exist outside in sunlight! And drink a glass of wine if I please! Praise be, people!
4. I am grateful that Wita has decided to start calling me “sister” or “sissy.” I have no idea why, but it’s just about the cutest thing on this planet. “Let’s go, sister.” “Can we have a treat, sissy?” STOP IT WITH THE CUTE.
5. I am grateful for this book recommendation. Starting it this weekend.
image credit: studio erinland
michellLGMay 9, 2014 at 7:00 am
I very rarely comment here, though I’ve been around your blog(s) for a while; i read about the great bangs chop, the blunt brigade, and saw a sick and baby-faced wito sing “my favorite things” (before my own two bambinos were born!). I just wanted to say that i respect and appreciate how you’ve been brave enough to allow your blog to grow and flex with you over the years. This last step has been a big one and you’re handling it with grace and authenticity. Well done. :)
J.MillMay 9, 2014 at 8:11 am
The tree-ring music made me want to cry. It reminded me of the story of the giant redwood poachers.
“It’s not just a property crime. It’s a legacy, like hacking up a church.” So sad! I’m not a tree-hugger in the activist sense, but I do love nature sometimes more than I love humanity. I think it’s such an injustice!
sizzleMay 9, 2014 at 9:39 am
I think I also need to read that book.
MeredithMay 9, 2014 at 10:10 am
Your Friday Five really made me smile! Have an awesome weekend and Happy Mother’s Day!
TraciMay 9, 2014 at 11:44 am
Beautiful colors in the image you chose, perfect for spring!
Amy@MomAdviceMay 9, 2014 at 6:09 pm
Oh, loving this list of links! I am going to have to look for those rice crisps. Sometimes it is fun to have a treat like that!! LOVED the record player and I definitely need to think about my social media addiction too.
Fab list! xoxo
ElenorMay 9, 2014 at 9:12 pm
You need to read the book Carry on, Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton. She is a fellow “lymie” and writes beautifully and hilariously about marriage & parenting. You can probably pick it up at the library.