1. I went on a Beard Porn bonanza this week. Many more additions for my fellow beard lovahs.
2. A 10-step mindfulness practice for better sleep.
3. Great post on some introvert myths. (This whole introvert/extrovert thing intrigues me. I’m most definitely an introvert, yet have always fared well in communicating with others, hence over 15 years in sales positions that I really didn’t love. I think we all share traits from both sides, yes? Do you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?)
4. I should have an Almost 40 To-Do List.
5. One of my favorite photographers (who shot our house- psst…living room post is coming next week) shows her iPhoneography tips.
6. I wish I could sketch like this.
7. Tracy just started a new series on quick, everyday meals. I AM SO ALL CAPS EXCITED ABOUT THIS.
8. I’m busting out this braid for the weekend.
9. Speaking of AMAZING HAIR POSTS (heh), here are 5 ways to to give your hair a summer refresh. Also, a guide to choosing the right curling iron. Lastly, tell the truth, would you ever braid your hair like this?
10. I’m obsessed with A Cup of Jo’s Motherhood Around the World series. It’s so interesting to read about parenting in other cultures.
photo credit: Bearded Gospel Men
JenAugust 9, 2013 at 10:06 am
Did you read the book Quiet by Susan Cain? She talks about how introverts can succeed in sales positions when they are working with people one on one b/c they are really good at connecting with individuals. Anyway – that was a great read if you haven’t picked it up.
EmilyAugust 9, 2013 at 4:48 pm
Being an introvert doesn’t mean you have any trouble communicating with people. I think the more telling statement you made is that you were in sales positions that you “didn’t love”. It’s draining for an introvert to constantly be ON but we definitely have the capability to be charismatic and personable. Of course there are introverts who are quiet and hiding in the corner, but there are weirdo extroverts too. ;)
LainieAugust 14, 2013 at 5:29 pm
oh my gosh i’m OBSESSED with Joanna’s Motherhood Around the World series. It is so simple yet so incredible. I find myself sharing little tid bits with anyone who will listen after I read each post.