1. Think about it: Would you worship Don Draper if he resembled, say, Buddy Hackett? No. You would accost him and say, “Listen buddy [or Buddy], you are simply not handsome enough to be this dreary.” – Simon Doonan. Oh, how I love Simon Doonan, and this article.
2. Yoga. YOGA. First off, you all, the comments on the yoga post were ridiculously awesome. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such thoughtful, encouraging comments.
So! I went to my first class on Wednesday. It was a beginner-level “yoga blend” class – pretty slow-paced, holding poses, etc. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it, even though I was craning my neck the entire time to see if I was doing the poses correctly. (Paraghasana, whut?) Like I expected, it wasn’t an intense, heart-pounding session, but I’ll say this much…I was quite sore the next morning. Quite sore, indeed, and mama likes herself some sore muscles. Heading back to class #2 today! Will report back soon.
3. My love for Lisa Eldridge will never cease. Have you seen the Pinterest board filled with ladies rocking her makeup looks? Good stuff.
4. My love for Tracy from Shutterbean will also never cease. She was just named one Time’s Top 50 websites of 2013. Um, NO BIGGIE.
5. I was just introduced to Lissa Rankin and her message about mind over medicine. Listen, I’m not one to sit through a 1-hour video on my laptop, but I was transfixed by this interview. Maybe it’s due to my past career in the medical industry for almost a decade (calling on OBGYNS just like her in Chicago) or maybe it’s because I’m trying to fully believe in mind over matter, but regardless, I know that I am going to devour her new book.
6. I would feel remiss if I didn’t mention this week’s punk theme at the Met Gala. What do you think about Anne Hathaway going platinum? (Loved the style, didn’t love the color on her.) Or Nicole Richie’s faux grey hair? (WTF.) I think this was my favorite look.
7. Oh! Would you do me the biggest favor in the world and let me know if you’ve had trouble accessing my site – specifically, if you’ve experienced a blank white screen this week? Even better…feel free to type whoorl.com into your browser and see if my site loads. If it doesn’t, by any chance are you using Chrome? I’m in the midst of a little redesign and I’ve been informed numerous times by readers that the site is all wonk-a-donk. Halp! And thank you!
The weekend is calling my name. Hope you all have a great one!
photo credit: death of a stylist
ElizabethMay 10, 2013 at 11:17 am
I am able to access the site using Safari on my computer, but phone and ipad show only a blank screen.
Amber S.May 10, 2013 at 11:39 am
I use Chrome, and your site loads just fine for me. :)
natashaMay 10, 2013 at 11:54 am
I use Safari and have have experienced the site not loading
jane ellisonMay 10, 2013 at 12:03 pm
Trouble loading with Safari…white sheet thing
loved the photo app suggestion!
KarenMay 10, 2013 at 12:21 pm
I’ve had some trouble with your site this week — sometimes it loads, sometimes I get the white screen. I’m using Safari 6.0.4 on a Mac.
chrystalMay 10, 2013 at 12:37 pm
today is the only day that your site loaded with content – using chrome.
Miss MaryMay 10, 2013 at 12:46 pm
No issues with your site loading or accessing content (using Safari browser). BTW–love your blog!!
MaggieMay 10, 2013 at 1:02 pm
See now, I can’t do Jon Hamm in modern wear. He always seems to have a shit eating grin on his face, and don’t even get me started on the no underwear issue that he has. Don Draper though, is another story entirely.
I got a white screen mid-week when I tried to look on my phone FYI.
I enjoyed the post on apps and have been playing with Diptic and Over. Thanks!
MeaganMay 10, 2013 at 1:03 pm
I *have* been having issues! I was sure it was just my stupid laptop but I’ve been getting a white screen in both Firefox and IE but then if I refresh enough times or type it in a new window sometimes it would load. Good luck with the fix :)
Sidebar: I’m still waiting to see your amazing new home – pics were promised young lady, and the anticipation is killing me. :P
kimMay 10, 2013 at 1:11 pm
I pride myself in my ability to follow directions so here it goes:
-trouble all week loading your site on my iPhone 5 – so the Safari mobile browser.
Sometimes I could reload and it would come up – other times, no dice. This morning it I manually typed “www.whoorl.com” it would think for a second, load a white screen and then decide that yes, in fact, I could see that ridiculous yoga picture from your last post.
SarahMay 10, 2013 at 1:18 pm
Wow! Thanks for sharing Lissa’s interview. I found what she had to say incredibly fascinating. I am not a science nerd but will definitely be looking into her book.
AlliMay 10, 2013 at 1:42 pm
I’m on Chrome and I’ve gotten the white screen a few times recently (past couple of weeks maybe?). I just hit refresh and there you are. It doesn’t stay white.
brieMay 10, 2013 at 1:44 pm
white page sometimes & you know i have no idea what chrome is.
loeperMay 10, 2013 at 2:18 pm
ok it’s not just me! i use chrome and see a white page. haven’t tried a different browser though…
a.May 10, 2013 at 5:18 pm
I use Chrome, and today everything loads speedy and pretty…but for the rest of the week, it’s alternated between a white screen that never becomes anything, or a white screen that eventually loads, if I leave the tab open and happen to check back 10-20 minutes later.