1. Think about it: Would you worship Don Draper if he resembled, say, Buddy Hackett? No. You would accost him and say, “Listen buddy [or Buddy], you are simply not handsome enough to be this dreary.” – Simon Doonan. Oh, how I love Simon Doonan, and this article.
2. Yoga. YOGA. First off, you all, the comments on the yoga post were ridiculously awesome. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such thoughtful, encouraging comments.
So! I went to my first class on Wednesday. It was a beginner-level “yoga blend” class – pretty slow-paced, holding poses, etc. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it, even though I was craning my neck the entire time to see if I was doing the poses correctly. (Paraghasana, whut?) Like I expected, it wasn’t an intense, heart-pounding session, but I’ll say this much…I was quite sore the next morning. Quite sore, indeed, and mama likes herself some sore muscles. Heading back to class #2 today! Will report back soon.
3. My love for Lisa Eldridge will never cease. Have you seen the Pinterest board filled with ladies rocking her makeup looks? Good stuff.
4. My love for Tracy from Shutterbean will also never cease. She was just named one Time’s Top 50 websites of 2013. Um, NO BIGGIE.
5. I was just introduced to Lissa Rankin and her message about mind over medicine. Listen, I’m not one to sit through a 1-hour video on my laptop, but I was transfixed by this interview. Maybe it’s due to my past career in the medical industry for almost a decade (calling on OBGYNS just like her in Chicago) or maybe it’s because I’m trying to fully believe in mind over matter, but regardless, I know that I am going to devour her new book.
6. I would feel remiss if I didn’t mention this week’s punk theme at the Met Gala. What do you think about Anne Hathaway going platinum? (Loved the style, didn’t love the color on her.) Or Nicole Richie’s faux grey hair? (WTF.) I think this was my favorite look.
7. Oh! Would you do me the biggest favor in the world and let me know if you’ve had trouble accessing my site – specifically, if you’ve experienced a blank white screen this week? Even better…feel free to type whoorl.com into your browser and see if my site loads. If it doesn’t, by any chance are you using Chrome? I’m in the midst of a little redesign and I’ve been informed numerous times by readers that the site is all wonk-a-donk. Halp! And thank you!
The weekend is calling my name. Hope you all have a great one!
photo credit: death of a stylist
katrinaMay 10, 2013 at 6:21 am
I am getting your site just fine in google reader but tested it in ie9 since that’s what I have to use at work *grumblegrumble* and it’s just a blank screen.
I’m kind of digging Anne Hathaway’s platinum hair! But I am biased and long for plantium hair…
MalloryMay 10, 2013 at 6:47 am
Using Safari here (don’t judge!), and it loaded veeeeeeeeeeery slowly for me today. Hrm.
Didn’t comment on your yoga post, but it would have been along the lines of the other comments you got, with the addendum that one of my *favorite* parts about yoga is that it has served as a wonderful mental support when I have suddenly found the need. I’ve practiced for more than a decade, and (being a non-religious person who was raised around religion) in times where I have needed it most, yoga has given me that venue of stability, comfort, solitude that I recognize religion having giving friends or relatives in similar moments. Yes, I appreciate the practice in my weekly life and I know that it gives me physical benefits that I will be able to continue well into my later years. But for me, it is the “safe space” that it has given me during rough or confusing or trying times that has meant the most. I know some runners feel that way about running, and I’m here to say that yoga can offer the same.
debbyMay 10, 2013 at 6:52 am
I’m on firefox and the lovely whoorl.com did not load.
LaurenMay 10, 2013 at 7:25 am
I tried to access your site yesterday and again today and it’s a blank white page. And yes, I use Chrome. Also blank page when I try it in IE. :-/
LizzieMay 10, 2013 at 7:36 am
I’m a chrome user and I had trouble loading a couple of times earlier this week from my bookmarks. I just waited patiently and went back later assuming it was just me. I just went directly to http://www.whoorl.com from my address bar and it took a good 20 seconds of thinking time and now I have your little ID tag-y thing on the tab, but the page itself is blank. Quelle horreur!
RebeccaMay 10, 2013 at 8:12 am
I use Chrome on a Mac OS X version 10.7.5 (if that helps) and all I see is a blank white page. I have your website bookmarked in my browser, too. However, I can see the page when I check your site via bloglovin.
ErinMay 10, 2013 at 8:12 am
I can see it in Chrome — but I’m accessing via Google reader if that makes a difference.
SarahMay 10, 2013 at 8:17 am
I’ve use both IE (7 at work and 9 at home) and Chrome on my phone- issues with both. I’m on IE9 now and only got to your page by clicking a link from my Pinterest board.
MarthaMay 10, 2013 at 8:18 am
I have indeed experienced the white screen….much to my dismay since I love your blog….I am using an ipad…so safari not chrome. Today your page loaded! About yoga, good to hear you enjoyed the class….for motivation to continue….lulu lemon! So many cute things there!
RobynMay 10, 2013 at 8:47 am
I use Chrome and when I typed in your url I only saw a blank screen. When I clicked the link from reader it worked fine.
CassMay 10, 2013 at 8:59 am
Using Safari and yes, both yesterday and today it’s been a white screen…
lazizaMay 10, 2013 at 9:07 am
Yes and yes. I use Chrome and get a blank white screen on the whoorl.com homepage. But using the URL to go to a specific post works fine. (I click through from your Twitter to read.)
JenMay 13, 2013 at 9:55 am
Ditto for me.
lazizaMay 10, 2013 at 9:07 am
Oh, but it works fine in IE. (First time someone’s said THAT, I’m sure.)
Jessica J.May 10, 2013 at 10:25 am
For what it’s worth, I use Chrome (up-to-date: Version 26.0.1410.64 m) and it loads just fine.
KaseyKMay 10, 2013 at 10:30 am
I’ve been getting the white screen all week. Do not use Chrome. Am using your twitter feed to read new posts.
GabiMay 10, 2013 at 10:43 am
Yes – been blank. And yes – using Chrome.