1. After yet another school shooting, are you ready to demand action? If so, please visit this website.
2. To my sweet, wonderful children, please don’t get murdered at school today.
3. For those of you who don’t think you can do anything in regards to gun control, you absolutely can. It’s called voting out the politicians who have the NRA in their pockets. Here are some of the biggest assholes, um, I mean offenders. (Follow the money, you guys! Always follow the money. These politicians have blood all over their hands.)
4. Proud of this student. Although ADULTS AND POLITICIANS should be protecting these children. Forget thoughts and prayers, we need policy change. Period.
5. Did you see the Obama’s official portraits? OKC was so honored to display Kehinde Wiley’s works of art last year.
6. Artists as hoarders. These works are amazing.
7. So intrigued this video by Nike Korea.
8. I’ve watched this “curling” video 50 times. So good.
9. OMG. Speaking of curling, my one and only Tim Riggins used to curl in high school.
10. Let’s ban elementary homework. I was about to joke that it’s killing our children, but actually I think it’s clear what’s killing our children in schools. #guns
11. I’m trying to get a good mix of serious and funny this week, although it’s tough. This one should prompt a laugh or two.
12. #1 question asked of me on social media. What hair products and hair tools do I use? Well, here you go. I use these three hair products. As for what styling tools I use…Hair dryer. Curling wand. Flat iron. (<- if you use those links, you can get 50% off the price of those styling tools YOU ARE VERY WELCOME. Price reflected when you check out.)
13. On this week’s Selfie podcast, we are talking friendship in your forties.
Happy weekend to you all. Give your kiddos an extra squeeze or two.
image credit: ohkii studio
Megan Pascoe McDonaldFebruary 16, 2018 at 2:24 pm
Hi Sarah! I thought you used Sedu tools (and was actually about to take the plunge and buy a hair dryer because mine’s about to bite the dust)—do you like these better? That is SUCH a good deal!
whoorlFebruary 16, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Yes, I prefer L’ange over Sedu. (Plus, Sedu’s website has been under construction for over a year and I can’t figure out what is going on with them as a company.)
MeganFebruary 16, 2018 at 2:37 pm
Thank you so much for the reply! (And for the deal—this is awesome.)
Emily WoodFebruary 16, 2018 at 3:18 pm
This is so well timed. I needed a new hair dryer and that is an excellent deal, thanks Sarah!
Also, I’ve mostly switched to green products using the Think Dirty app, but can’t seem to find a go-to daily lotion. I know you’re more of an oil gal, but you’re also great at obsessively researching things. So, do you have a favorite body lotion?
whoorlFebruary 16, 2018 at 3:53 pm
Good timing! As for body lotions, I love the one by Beautycounter and have been using it for a long time: https://www.beautycounter.com/sarahjames?goto=body-hair%2Fmoisturizers%2Fhydrating-body-lotion-citrus-mimosa.html
EmilyFebruary 17, 2018 at 12:09 pm
Shannon DaigleFebruary 16, 2018 at 4:23 pm
Girl, I just bought a curling wand from one of your links a month or so ago, which I love. And yet the prices are so good on these, I’m tempted again! What size(s) do you use?
whoorlFebruary 16, 2018 at 6:31 pm
I have both the 25mm and the 32 mm. (I bought the set that had the flat iron, both sizes of the barrels, and the hair dryer.)
The 25 mm creates waves like this: https://www.instagram.com/p/BfRHC9WBTJD/
The 32 mm creates waves like this:
Hope that helps!
Shannon DaigleFebruary 16, 2018 at 8:31 pm
It does! Thank you!
AshleyFebruary 16, 2018 at 8:22 pm
Do you use any kind of heat protectant on your hair before styling? Can’t wait to try the Evolvh shampoo/conditioner set!
whoorlFebruary 17, 2018 at 8:12 am
I use the Evolvh leave-in conditioner, which is in the set.
Lisa HodgsonFebruary 17, 2018 at 7:11 am
I LOVE the smell of the Evolvh shampoo, conditioner and spray. Just wish it wasn’t so spendy BUT I do only have to wash my hair every 3 days now instead of every 2 days with other shampoo so maybe it will even out!!!!!
Courtney BFebruary 18, 2018 at 1:50 pm
Do you like Evolvh shampoo/conditioner more than True Botanicals? I just bought True Botanicals with your discount from a while ago but haven’t tried it just yet. Up to this point I’ve been using Honest Beauty beyond hydrated shampoo/conditioner and like it, but hair seems to get oily somewhat fast. Thoughts??
whoorlFebruary 18, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Yes, Evolvh keeps my hair cleaner for longer. Also, the Smart Start Leave-In conditioner makes it shinier than I’ve ever seen it.
Courtney BFebruary 18, 2018 at 3:05 pm
Suzanne KrogerMarch 3, 2018 at 1:21 pm
Sarah, thank you for the hair dryer recommendation and super duper deal! Just ordered a new dryer. And let me say a HUGE thank you for being my guru on luxe, clean beauty. I have just about cleaned up all my makeup and skin care, thanks to your wonderful advice. I have yet to switch out my eyeliners…I currently use the Chanel waterproof liners. I like a roll up pencil that stays put. Any clean suggestions for me? Thanks again for all you do. xo
whoorlMarch 3, 2018 at 5:39 pm
You are so welcome!!
ChristinaMarch 3, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Question about the L’Ange hair dryer…Does it not get super hot on the hot setting? Just used mine for the first time, and it almost felt like I was using the warm setting. I’m used to the hot setting almost burning my head if left in 1 spot for too long by accident. If it is supposed to be more warm than hot than I guess that’s why it would be better for my hair! Just making sure I didn’t get a defect!
whoorlMarch 3, 2018 at 5:40 pm
Mine does a great job drying, but I’m not sure if it’s super hot. Seems fine to me!
ChristinaMarch 3, 2018 at 8:52 pm
It definitely dried my hair, but I have fine hair so it dries pretty quickly anyway. The temperature will just take some getting used to. I probably won’t hate drying my hair so much in the summer now!