1. So important to teach kids how to read news critically, now more than ever.
2. Could it be? I found a clean shampoo and conditioner that I love AND it’s wayyyy cheaper than my usual AND I can buy it at Target/Amazon? PRAISE BE.
3. I really like Jeff Goldblum.
4. I am this woman. Give me all the blankets. #whyisitalwayssocold
5. A hidden space inside the Great Pyramid of Giza? Ooh ooh ooh, what’s IN THERE?!
6. I think we all know someone like this.
7. Truly the most epic cheeseboard ever.
8. Oh, this made me laugh because it’s SO TRUE. PSA: Level 4 men, please stop creeping out the ladies. #putyourshirtbackon
9. Don’t ever say these phrases to introverts. (“Let’s go around and introduce ourselves.” NOOOOOOOOO)
10. It’s my birthday on Monday and this is all I want. In black, please. #itsnothappening #agirlcandream
11. This week’s Selfie podcast covers social media addiction (help), using TV as self-care, and an interview with one of my favorite authors, Cheri Huber. (I now have her phone number and am going to call her at the monastery for life advice. Do monks have Caller ID? Get ready, Cheri!)
KristiNovember 3, 2017 at 1:44 pm
What the what!? I almost bought some shampoo / conditioner from your podcast! I guess I will buy this one now, I’m almost out!
whoorlNovember 3, 2017 at 1:45 pm
I just started using it last week and I really like it.
GinaNovember 5, 2017 at 9:22 am
I just bought the Acure – Ultra Hydrating. Not sure if I love it yet. I had tried the Acure Smooth and Manageable Shampoo/conditioner and didn’t really like it – into the kids bathroom it goes. Maybe I’ll move on to this one.
MegNovember 3, 2017 at 2:19 pm
I’m looking for a good shampoo without essential oils or shea butter b/c in a past life I did something that rendered my skin in this life exceptionally sensitive to those ingredients. My face and scalp get real yucky. Know any? I use Whole Foods’ unscented shampoo and conditioner, and it makes my hair flat, flat, flat. #problems/#notrealproblems
BreNovember 3, 2017 at 3:11 pm
I recommend Dessert Essence Unscented. I worked for Whole Foods and that was by far the most popular natural unscented shampoo and conditioner.
whoorlNovember 3, 2017 at 4:36 pm
I would go with that!! Thanks, Bre!
MegNovember 3, 2017 at 5:14 pm
Thank you! I just looked over the ingredients and all look remarkably inoffensive – thank you!
BreNovember 3, 2017 at 3:09 pm
Your Friday posts are literally the best! I love them! I also love Shea Moisture and just recently found them. I highly recommend their hair masks and deep conditioners.
Also, I thought I was a weirdo for having a crush on Jeff Goldblum since I was 9 years old. I saw him for the first time in Jurassic Park. The Big Chill was our family go to movie growing up. Looking back that movie seems inappropriate for children…not sure what my parents were thinking but he is amazing in that role. Now at the age of 33, I still think he is sexy. I am glad I am not alone.
Shannon DaigleNovember 3, 2017 at 4:25 pm
I came here to comment about the shampoo/conditioner, and now I’m laughing that that’s what all the other comments are about, too! What made you fall out of love with True Botanicals? I was almost ready to spend the big bucks on them, but now I’m intrigued by the Shea Moisture!
whoorlNovember 3, 2017 at 4:38 pm
I LOVE True Botanicals. But if I can find a shampoo/conditioner that I love as much and it’s $12 a bottle, you can bet I’m gonna go with that one. I have a complete house renovation to fund. ;)
LauraNovember 3, 2017 at 6:07 pm
Loved that article about worst things to say to an introvert. My #1 one winner forever will always be that thing that happens in church or sometimes yoga class where the instructor goes, “Everyone say hi to the people to your right and left and chat for a minute!” It’s worse than going round the room introducing yourself to a group. It always makes me wish the floor would swallow me whole and save me from the awkwardness.
whoorlNovember 4, 2017 at 9:37 am
I so relate!
MinaNovember 7, 2017 at 9:38 am
I can’t wait to read that Jeff Goldblum oral history. I love him. I wish it was narrated by him!
Katherine C. JamesNovember 7, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Thank you for your Friday Odds and Ends. Jeff Goldblum is a favorite of mine too. I read the article you linked to; it made me like him even more. So intrigued by your shampoo find. Which conditioner do you use with it? I’m confused by the choices. The strengthen, grow, and restore leave in for three minutes and then rinse out conditioner ? the strengthen and grow leave in conditioner? the masque? I love castor oil in other products, and think this mix of ingredients has potential. I’ve tried most of the expensive natural options, and none has really worked for me.