You guys, I just can’t with what’s going on in our country and the planet right now. This week’s hurricanes and the fires and Trump rescinding DACA and Betsy DeVos and ALL OF THE THINGS.
Today’s list contains nothing but lighthearted and/or funny links. Not because I want to brush all of these problems under the rug, but because if I don’t stop ruminating about it all, I might end up in a permanent fetal position under my bed. I NEED A SHORT BREAK.
But! In exchange for these links, you must do me a favor. If you care about the well being of 800,000 children and young adults, please text the word RESIST to 50409. (And if you are hearing that by rescinding DACA, we are protecting Americans, I urge you to read this.) It takes ONE minute of your day and will walk you through prompts to fax your local senators. They do it all, and if you don’t know what to say, just copy and paste what I wrote.
I am a voting constituent urging you to protect the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
DACA has made it possible for 800,000 young people to thrive in the US by protecting them from deportation. Every young person should feel safe and protected in this country regardless of race, gender, class, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, or immigration status.
What are you doing to protect DACA? My vote is on the line.
Please, I hope you will help. We need to make our voices heard.
And on with the show!
1. Heh. These dog bios will surely remind you of someone in your life.
2. What happens when a bat is loose in an Irish household. CATCH HIM, DERRY!
3. It’s that time again. I read this every year.
4. OMG WORST DATE EVER. Can you imagine?!
5. Haven’t seen this in awhile. I hate burpees.
6. Is your child texting about communism? BRB
7. I can’t stop laughing about this man and his zucchinis. The pope costume!
8. I hate the hurricanes, but I love this story.
9. Well, you have to laugh at this trend. Effing ridiculous. WHO WOULD DO THAT, I ASK YOU.
10. Socially awkward peeps, this one’s for you.
11. Anyone else guilty of this?
12. AND THEN GOD CREATED MILLENNIAL EARTH. “When God saw all that He had made, He literally couldn’t even.” Hahahaaa
Have a great weekend, y’all.
image credit: c price
MegSeptember 8, 2017 at 11:12 am
resistbot is pretty amazing. thanks for sharing.
AnonymousSeptember 8, 2017 at 1:38 pm
In response to the Betsy Devos, I think this article does a good job explaining the situation, https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/betsy-devos-title-ix-and-the-both-sides-approach-to-sexual-assault
It is indeed an issue on campuses. My husband works at a college (which rightfully takes any accusations very seriously). However, I know of a man who was fired from his job immediately at the college, and banned from school property with no questions asked, because his wife (who was a student) made some accusations against him. The individual who was fired never got to respond or defend himself. He just showed up to work one day and was fired, and escorted by police! My husband makes sure he is never alone with any students or co-workers on campus for this reason. It’s scary to think what one false accusation could do to my husband’s career, and our family. (I also know of a public school teacher who was falsely accused by a student, but thankfully they were given due process, and the student admitted to making the whole thing up.)
Lauren HawsSeptember 12, 2017 at 6:19 am
Wait a minute on those stirrup pants!! Did we all wear them wrong in the 80’s?!? What are they doing OUTSIDE THE SHOE?? ?