New Hair Product Alert

It’s really pathetic how I could talk about products all day long. People, I am a Power Consumer.

Yesterday, my hair stylist introduced me to Kerastase’s new curly hair products. Now, I’ve read about Kerastase eleventy million times, but even I, the Power Consumer, refuse to pay $60.00 for shampoo and conditioner. She used the entire line on my hair yesterday, including the Oleo-Curl Definition Cream, and good Lord, my curls looked fabulous. Soft, bouncy and perfectly defined. She used a diffuser, but some of the other stylists told me it works just as well when air-drying (which is what this girl likes to hear).

I passed on the shampoo and conditioner, but caved on the definition cream. The smell alone sends me to the most happy place ever. I think you curly girls should try it.

All I know is that my curling iron is silently weeping in the drawer. It doesn’t look like he will see the daylight for many moons to come.

UPDATE: Okay, here’s a photo. My hair isn’t completely dry yet, but you get the picture. All I did was towel-dry, apply a quarter-sized dollop of the definition cream and air-dry. No tools involved.

• Emily

July 13, 2007 at 10:40 am

May I try this product in TWO WEEKS? I’ll give you a dollar.

• Natalie 42

July 13, 2007 at 10:46 am

Whoa, theres another Natalie here!? Alright, I’m third-to-last-picture-Natalie on the “you” page…or if that has changed the one in the green shirt with blue eyes. Orrrr Natalie from the ol HH or as my name will say now – Natalie 42. We Natalie’s are importante.

And wow! Those curls really did get a nice boost! You have great hair anyways but, dayum! I would just shake my hair every time I came through a door like a rockin’ hair model. Grocery doors opening? Shhhhhake iiiit! Walking in to the living room? Shhhhhake iiiit! You get the idea.

July 13, 2007 at 10:55 am

Niiice. I just got a few bottles of the Fekkai glossing cream, thanks to your product review, and I’m lving it. It makes my hair all sleek and shiney-like.
    PS: Holy crap, our kids are almost ONE.

• Moose

July 13, 2007 at 10:58 am

Your hair looks so curly and shiny and…edible. Is that weird? Is it less weird if I say that it’s lunch time? I’m with Emily. I think you should walk around BlogHer carrying hair product so all the product fiends (hi!) can run up to you and yell “WHOORL! WITH THE SHINY HAIR! AND THE PRODUCT!” All right, it would probably just be me. I’m sure everyone else has much better manners.

• Amber

July 13, 2007 at 11:09 am

SOLD. I’ve been using Aveda’s Be Curly for a while but am always looking to switch it up. I swear my curls get bored if I use one product for too long.

• Bry

July 13, 2007 at 11:22 am

Thanks for the recommendation. Your hair looks great! Mine is a little curlier than yours (I need to diffuse it because air drying takes hours) and I am constantly looking for new product to try (I have many half-full creams/mousses/and gels because of this). I found your blog through link hopping and I’m so happy to know that someone else suffers from the same exercise induced, embarrassing super red faced syndrome…well, not happy (it sucks!), but it’s nice to know I’m not alone.

• amanda

July 13, 2007 at 12:18 pm

Did you ever figure out what you liked from the makeup discussion that you had a few months ago? I’ve got a 9 wk old and just returned to work, and am in need of a really quick makeup routine for my crazy mornings. Currently I look like I haven’t slept in about 20 years. Attractive.

• glamgranola

July 13, 2007 at 7:42 pm

ooooo! I love the Kerastase shampoo and conditioner, I’m just too damn cheap to buy them. The smell? Truly amazing.

• BeachMama

July 14, 2007 at 3:47 am

Your hair looks awesome, not that it doesn’t ever. Now I am even a little more jealous that my hair is pin straight.

• Bethany

July 14, 2007 at 12:20 pm

Hmm, that’s fabulous and you look great but I have more the eighties hair band type of curls then your annoyingly smooth hot roller type. I look hilarious when air-dried unfortunatly but hey, i’m a product whore too so what the hell, it’s worth a shot. Why can’t you just have a HINT of frizz;)

• Kerri

July 14, 2007 at 5:06 pm

Could your hair get any more glorious? Possibly? Sheesh. I have natural wave in my hair, but I can’t for the life of me get it to look half-way decent unless I straighten it. I figure that someday I will be able to go au natural, but who knows.

If my husband wouldn’t throw a huge fit, I would totally buy that stuff. Although, now that I’ve resorted to $10 haircuts, perhaps it’s about time for a splurge…hmmm…

• sunny

July 15, 2007 at 6:13 pm

my entire bottle of fekkai glossing mist is gone and I feel like I lost a family member. somehow while crossing the atlantic the bottle opened & spilled all over my suitcase! dude. After the funeral for my old bottle I will be visiting sephora.
    Ok, onto posting about your post. I like the oleo curls, but it is a very different look from what you get with the curling iron. When I see oleo curls I think workplace or luncheon. Curling iron curls I think melrose and martinis. I sound crazy, I know.

My glossing mist is gone too! It dropped and leaked over my entire bathroom floor. DAMMIT. BTW, I completely agree about the curls!

• Neil

July 16, 2007 at 8:58 am

Can you write a post MORE unsuitable for a guy to comment on?

Nice hair.

• Tere

July 16, 2007 at 10:22 am

Oh God, I so didn’t need this! Well actually, I DID. I need a product for curly hair that you can put on, let hair air dry, and look all pretty and put-together-like.

If I get busted for spending this kind of $$ on a hair product, I’m just gonna blame you, ‘k?

• kerrianne

July 16, 2007 at 6:17 pm

I’m rather proud to be a “curly girl” at this moment.