Have you heard of it? Why would I ever consider this? I don’t even have time to brush my hair on a daily basis.
Think this through, Whoorl.
Reasons Why I Should Not Attempt NaBloPoMo:
1) I have an 11-week old baby.
2) I am experiencing a small pantry pest issue. Amalah, where are you when I need you? Currently, the majority of my non-existent free time is being spent vacuuming pantry shelves, wiping down pantry shelves with non-toxic cleaner, staring at aforementioned pantry shelves waiting for a pest to appear and obsessing that one has jumped from the pantry onto my body and is enjoying his new home in my hair.
3) I have an 11-week old baby.
4) The only time of the day when I can type an entry is during a nursing session, which means the good ol’ one-handed typing extravaganza will be in effect. Average time spent typing one sentence – 12 minutes. Sweet.
5) I have an 11-week old baby.
6) I am returning to work on November 27th and will be conducting nanny interviewing throughout the month (a.k.a. chasing off all nannies with asinine requests in order to stay home with him myself).
7) I have an 11-week old baby.
8) I will be in Mexico for a week with the family, relaxing at my grandparents’ beach home, and now thanks to this shit, searching for a spotty internet connection. Senor, donde estÃ¡ la cerveza y el Internet? Damn, I’m such a seasoned world traveler.
9) I have an 11-week old baby.
10) Did I mention I have an 11-week old baby?
Reasons Why I Should Attempt NaBloPoMo:
1) Clearly, I must be a masochistic over-achiever that responds to a gun pointed at my face.
Well, that answers that.
JessieOctober 19, 2006 at 12:20 pm
I’m doing it too, which will be crazy since my November is shaping up to be hellishly busy. Good luck! (Also, I love the pictures of Anders over to the side. He’s so cute! Love that smile!)
Mrs. SOctober 19, 2006 at 1:03 pm
I post pretty much every day as it is, but since I can’t guarantee that I won’t have the baby and be unable to post from the hospital (I don’t have a laptop, damnit) I’ll end up not posting every day and then I’ll just feel like a failure.
I totally think you should go for it, though, because come on – you’d have something to say EVERY DAY! Plus, it’ll give you a good reason to tell us all about the nanny interviews.
rebeccaOctober 19, 2006 at 4:08 pm
I saw that on Fussy yesterday and was tempted! Maybe I should try it too. But am I too lazy? Perhaps.
whoorlOctober 19, 2006 at 8:40 pm
It’s wonderful that Beans doesn’t hide his feelings from his mother. What a healthy relationship you both have.
Now pull the blanket tighter and put a muzzle on him.
I kid, I kid. How about waiting until he is half-asleep, all calm and cozy and then trying the wrap.
SarcomicalOctober 19, 2006 at 9:48 pm
i’m so in.
i blame you. and fussy, of course.
but, um, i have no 11-week old baby. so if i can’t do it, and you do? i’ll feel like slacker loser of the year.
LyndsayOctober 19, 2006 at 8:23 pm
Received the Miracle Blanket today. Beans is acting like I wrapped him in barbed wire and then set him on fire. Please advise.
DonovanOctober 20, 2006 at 9:23 am
Long time reader, first time commenter. I always wanted to say something cheezy like that.
Whoorl, you crack me up. I can’t even tell you how many times I laugh out loud, literally, reading your posts. I can see your point about the 11-week old baby, I have a 7-week old daughter, but c’mon, let’s focus on what’s really important, my enjoyment. So, yes you should attempt NaBloPoMo, if only for my own selfish benefit.
AngellaOctober 20, 2006 at 9:36 am
You can do it. And I just might try :)
RachelOctober 20, 2006 at 1:06 pm
Who the hell picked November for these things, anyway? NOVEMBER IS BUSY, Y’ALL. Especially for we of the Jewish Persuasion, who don’t do Xmas and therefore put all of our considerable energies into outdoing one another with Thanksgiving. I will rock the Thanksgiving dessert if I have to go without the three hours of sleep I currently get to do it!
Ahem. Hi, I’m Rachel and I have a 12-week old baby.
I suppose I could swing NaBloPoMo, if only because I really like the Yoda banners and wish to plaster them all over ye blog(s). I have two blogs, unfortunately, but I think I can come up with enough drivel for them both. I didn’t see if there was some kind of word-number benchmark we should aim for each day, but I’m assuming that one-liners won’t count?
NilaOctober 21, 2006 at 5:47 am
I thought I’d give the challenge a whirl. Nanny interviews should make for lots of blogging fodder.
ms. sizzleOctober 23, 2006 at 9:16 am
you? an over-achiever? ha! :)
seriously though. you get an A+ for wanting to.