This post is exactly what I need right now. Thanks to Amy’s comment and Joslyn’s series for giving me the idea.
1. Tom Colicchio – I don’t know what it is, but I have had several impure thoughts about this man. Very much looking forward to the Top Chef premiere tonight.
2. Retro hairstyles – I’ve always had a soft spot for 40’s and 50’s hairstyles, and I’ve recently become obsessed with YouTube how-to videos. This gal is awesome, and I just now realized that a very brief segment of her video was shown on my Nightline segment.
3. NARS Dolce Vita lipstick with Chanel Glossimer in Pagoda on top – Shiny, pinky-rose perfection.
4. Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate – I’ve only had one of these, but it damn sure changed my life.
5. Ashley G’s Beard illustrations – I want to create a room where one wall is covered entirely in these beard illustrations. I dig a man with a good beard.
6. J Brand black cigarette jeans – My #1 clothing staple this fall.
7. Twilight movie – I’m not embarrassed to admit that my tickets have already been purchased. (Picture it now…Whoorl and 120,000 14-year-olds.)
8. Hayden Harnett bag – My new birthday gift. I’m not going to lie, I don’t know if it will fully take the place of my Gray Havana Hobo, but it is a nice change.
9. Super Hopeless Romance – Although fiction, this blog has sucked me into Cordy’s vortex. GET IT TOGETHER, SETH.
10. Relish Meal Planning System – This is beyond incredibly awesome. I love to cook, but have trouble planning my weekly menus ahead of time. This system lets me choose my weekly dinners, creates a grocery list (down to specific aisles) and takes all guesswork out of the planning process. The yummy recipes are just the icing on the cake. (This week’s menu includes dishes such as Buttermilk Unfried Chicken, Huevos Rancheros, Porcini Mushroom and Walnut Penne…)
11. Backyardigans Super Spy episode featuring Cyndi Lauper – Wito is obsessed with the Backyardigans. I am obsessed with the episodes that feature my favorite 80’s musicians.
12. This video of Andrew Bird – Sorry Tom, Andrew is still my main man.
13. The Blue-Green crayon – Best color ever.
Your turn. Who/what are your current crushes?
Momo FaliNovember 12, 2008 at 2:11 pm
Well, speaking of Amy…I have a MAJOR crush on her maple teethers. I want one for myself.
sunnyNovember 12, 2008 at 2:12 pm
this is super fun!
Rik Flynn’s voice (reminds me of Sting, except nerdier..)
Maybelline Superstay gloss in Radiant Ruby
(great for thin lipped girls like me, doesnt budge)
Sapphire Tonics (never gets old!)
Fred Perry Winter Coat
metaliaNovember 12, 2008 at 2:13 pm
I’m SO happy to hear that you also have Impure Thoughts about Colocchio. Now we FINALLY have something in common. The only celebrity I have a bigger crush on is Paul Rudd.
You know I went to college with Paul Rudd, didn’t you? (No, I never actually SAW him. Bygones.)
metaliaNovember 12, 2008 at 2:16 pm
COLICCHIO, not Colocchio. Damn iPhone. Oh, and while I’m back, I forgot about Nars Supervixen gloss. Bearca recommended it to me, and I am presently obsessed with it.
DanaNovember 12, 2008 at 2:19 pm
We totally share #7. Oh my word. You won’t be able to tell my scream apart from that of the tweens. I’m too far gone to be ashamed.
JoannaNovember 12, 2008 at 2:21 pm
Great list, Whoorl! My current crushes include: 1) The Wire on DVD (I missed the whole series while it was current, but it’s way more fun to watch on DVD anyway), 2) Sandra Boynton’s Greatest Hits children’s book package, for my own son when he’s ready and for baby shower gifts, 3) Fisher Price’s Nature’s Touch papasan swing, where my 6-week-old can actually fall asleep on his own, 4) the double-showerhead my husband installed in our bathroom, which works out considering as a new mom I take half as many showers!, 5) Fat Girl Slim lotion for the postnatal cellulite, 6) Peapod grocery delivery from Stop ‘n’ Shop (makes life easier a la your Relish Meal Planning program), 7) the red cups returning to Starbucks, because that means it’s almost Christmas!, 8) Lisa See’s historical fiction, which simultaneously engross me and fill me with gratitude that I am not a young woman in 16th-century China, 9) Amy’s breakfast burritos for lunch-YUM, and 10) Chelsea Lately…especially during late-night feedings. :-)
Kerri AnneNovember 12, 2008 at 2:22 pm
I’m hereby coming out of the Colicchio closet, too, and admitting my Thanksgiving weekend plans involve seeing the Twilight movie on Friday. SO excited for that, for tonight’s premier (NEW YORK, YES) and for the fact that you included a blue-green crayon in your list of crushes.
Oh, and hi, I’m totally buying one of those beard prints. They remind me of Ray LaMontagne, each and every one of them, and now I’m swooning a little inside.
Oh, Ray! He definitely is swoon-worthy. It’s the beard, I tell ya.
Backpacking DadNovember 12, 2008 at 2:28 pm
Thomas Aquinas and Richard Rufus of Cornwall and their wacky views about what intellection consists in!!
And Olive Garden breadsticks.
jon dealNovember 12, 2008 at 2:37 pm
Totally agree with you on #3.
The pink sheen really brings out the blond highlights in my beard.
dont call me maamNovember 12, 2008 at 2:43 pm
1. Ole Henriksen skin care.
2. Dior Addict Shine
3. Stila Long Wear Lip Color in Coquette.
4. The Ghost Hunters guys on Sci Fi. SOOO not my type, and yet… hmm. ;-)
dont call me maamNovember 12, 2008 at 2:44 pm
OH! I almost forgot the best ever–
Ojon rub-in dry shampoo.
KathyNovember 12, 2008 at 2:48 pm
Add another to the Tom Colicchio fan club. And Keith Olbermann after his impassioned rant against Prop 8 a couple nights ago. Current musical crush: Martha Wainwright’s I Know You’re Married But I’ve Got Feelings Too.
Rebecca (Bearca)November 12, 2008 at 2:54 pm
OMG! Lovers of Tom Colicchio, unite! You, me and Metalia can duke it out for his affections. Hee.
Hi! I’m 12. But truly, I am excited for the return of Top Chef tonight. Exciting.
She Likes PurpleNovember 12, 2008 at 2:54 pm
I didn’t even know Top Chef was premiering tonight. Thank you!
(Although I had a weird crush on Spike last season, and it may not be the same without him. I know I was swooning alone.)
Nothing But BonfiresNovember 12, 2008 at 2:54 pm
Eh, I met Tom Colicchio once when I was writing a food story about him for a magazine in Charleston, and I have to say……not sure what the fuss is all about. I think the word I’d use to describe him is BRUSQUE. And that’s me being polite.
DON’T RUIN THIS FOR ME, HOLLY. Although, do you mean brusque as in the type to “rough you up a little bit”?
(OMG, WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME?)