1. The Whoorl household is illin’ this week. All three of us are drowning in Trader Joe’s tissues, although Wito seems to prefer using his sleeve/toys/sofa arm/remote control/pillow as a snot receptacle.
2. The fact that we all fell ill during Wito’s week off from preschool makes me want to cry, considering I was truly looking forward to the playdates we had scheduled for the week. For instance, tomorrow’s playdate will be held at my friend’s pizza parlor. Good friends, fun kids and ALL YOU CAN EAT FREE PIZZA. Do you realize how wonderful that 2-3 hours would have been for this here pregnant lady? DO YOU?
3. Speaking of being pregnant, I am 21 weeks as of last weekend. Halfway there, my friends, and about 2 photos to show for it. (The second one sure gets the shaft, don’t they?) Here I am this morning in my (rapidly becoming too snug) Andrew Bird tee.
Interesting how I choose to take a photo of myself on the day that I feel like death. Revel in my natural beauty, folks! REVEL.
4. Many updates are currently going on at the house, and I promise to post some photos in the near future. It’s just that I’m more of a Before/After Photo kind of girl, opposed to a Check Out The Progress We Are Making Today gal. Although, there may or may not be a lovely man named Carlos painting our downstairs powder room navy as I type this.
5. Hell. While I’m randomly busting out my iPhone camera, here’s a shot of my favorite room in the house. Our upstairs loft, aptly named The Treehouse. I could sit here all day.
6. Finally, prepare for utter sweetness. We are big fans of The Sound of Music over here, and my nighttime duties usually consist of a four-song medley of sorts for Wito after D reads his bedtime story. (“Sixteen Going on Seventeen,” “Edelweiss,” “Doe Re Mi” and “My Favorite Things,” in case the suspense is absolutely killing you…)
Yesterday afternoon, Wito was feeling pretty crummy so he decided he wanted to sing “My Favorite Things” in hopes of feeling better. I think it may have helped a tiny bit. (Or maybe it was the ice cream.)
My Favorite Things from whoorl on Vimeo.
RachelFebruary 16, 2010 at 4:16 pm
Oh hell that little boy is beyond adorable. You are raising one heck of a stud girl. CONGRATS!
.-= Rachel´s last blog ..What happened you say? My Top Ten Tuesday version of Laughter =-.
KimberlyFebruary 16, 2010 at 4:16 pm
Oh, my heart.
p.s. Your kid’s pro – didn’t even miss a beat when he coughed. Respect.
LeahFebruary 16, 2010 at 4:21 pm
That video is by far the cutest thing I’ve seen in I don’t know how long. Plus, aside from being cute, your kid is a freakin’ genius. That’s a lot of lyrics for a preschooler, yeah?
.-= Leah´s last blog ..Juxtaposition =-.
MandeeFebruary 16, 2010 at 4:21 pm
He is adorable.
.-= Mandee´s last blog ..Miss Connie =-.
HeatherFebruary 16, 2010 at 4:22 pm
that was possibly one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen. For. Reals.
annieFebruary 16, 2010 at 4:22 pm
You may feel awful, but you look great! I always look 9 months pregnant already @ 21 weeks.
samantha Jo CampenFebruary 16, 2010 at 4:23 pm
Uh, I don’t know if I’m PMS-ing or what but I got TEARY watching that video. Because he’s obviously not feeling well but he’s just so darling when he sings. And then he sucks his thumb at the end? MELT.
Mama in the CityFebruary 16, 2010 at 4:27 pm
Melt my heart with that couch sniffly singing and the thumb! Your new house looks awesome and the tree window is too cool. Way to go.
.-= Mama in the City´s last blog ..Fun Fabulous Giveaway From Purl Mama & Baby! =-.
Beth BFebruary 16, 2010 at 4:36 pm
oh mannnn; he is the CUTEST!!! holy moly!! :-) the sniffly snuffly little voice and the coughing…. waaaahh!! and the thumb goes right back in at the end. :-) thanks for the smile. hope y’all get to feeling better SOON!! by the way – i’m impressed he knows all the words!
Leslie KingFebruary 16, 2010 at 4:41 pm
That video!!! SO. CUTE. Beyond words. He totally deserves some ice cream after that! I hope you all feel better!
.-= Leslie King´s last blog ..wedding mag(nificence) =-.
MauraFebruary 16, 2010 at 4:49 pm
Oh my lands. He is perfection!! And to think there will be a Whoorlita to double the cuteness. I am not sure how you will handle it.
C @ Kid ThingsFebruary 16, 2010 at 4:57 pm
Belly! Your treehouse looks delightful. Being sick does not. We’ve had assorted colds/ear infections/almost pneumonia here for almost 2 weeks now. It sucks. I hope everyone feels better soon.
.-= C @ Kid Things´s last blog ..Chainsaw: A Love Story =-.
Kerri AnneFebruary 16, 2010 at 5:05 pm
(I’m sorry your casa is le sick(a), but!) The Treehouse! It’s AMAZING, and I just realized that’s why I love my living room so much in the spring/summer/fall. I have a huge maple tree sitting right outside both south-facing windows, and I’m happily sitting next to lush canopy during those seasons.
.-= Kerri Anne´s last blog ..Noteworthy =-.
Trinity(of haiku tofu)February 16, 2010 at 5:32 pm
yeah, i’m sitting here squealing at my girlfriend, “he’s sooo cuteee!” and forcing her to watch the video while she’s trying to work. no shame.
.-= Trinity(of haiku tofu)´s last blog ..Tofu Udon Soup =-.
Sarah, The Ohana MamaFebruary 16, 2010 at 5:34 pm
You looks great!
The treehouse room looks awesome!
And oh the cutie singing in between coughs, yawns and sniffles was to die for. Melt your heart goodness, right there, Sarah.
.-= Sarah, The Ohana Mama´s last blog ..Cool Find! Crazy Dog T-Shirts =-.