You guys. Wito has taken Wii Boxing to an entirely new level.
If you choose to watch this clip, please take note of a few details.
1. The level of spastic boxing increases at every round. If you prefer a 5-second spaz summary, please check out the 1:30 mark. (But then you would miss the insightful commentary, such as “I’LL PUNCH HIM DOWN I’LL PUNCH HIM DOWN,” as well as his victory dance at the end. Your choice.)
2. I enjoy how he spends half the match staring at, well, I have no idea. Channeling some sort of boxing demigod?
3. Wito can do this for 30-45 minutes at a time. I have no idea how he can sustain that level of energy. (Oh, yeah! He’s five.)
After finishing the match, he sat down next to me and said, “Phew! That boxing is a better workout than your Pilates!”
It’s a close one, but I think he might be right.
bishop stu tuMay 29, 2012 at 12:15 pm
whoorl goorl…that glancing to the side drives Ali crazy…throws the ol’ champ off his game. Leave it Derby to discover this brilliant pugilistic move. rope a dope is soooo dated.
float like the derbs, and sting like a bee.
yo da bishOp
sizzleMay 29, 2012 at 12:57 pm
He’s like the Elvis of Wii Boxing with those moves.
whoorlMay 29, 2012 at 1:05 pm
Sizz! That’s exactly how I described him to my dad this morning! (Elvis having a seizure, to be specific…))
Danielle (elleinadspir)May 29, 2012 at 1:20 pm
I think you just sold me on buying Wii for the summer.
whoorlMay 29, 2012 at 1:51 pm
So. Much. Fun.
BrianBMay 29, 2012 at 1:41 pm
1) I think you have underrated the coaching. “Maybe you should look at him” and “Give him a good one on the right” both led to perfectly timed knock downs.
2) Also, and I may be mistaken, but I believe he also got the “Oh, yeaaaaaaah!” and its delivery from his coach as well.
3) I’m pretty sure the victory dance is a 100% Derby original.
whoorlMay 29, 2012 at 1:53 pm
1. Well, I didn’t want to SAY ANYTHING. But, um, yeah. Coach Mom FTW.
2. True dat.
3. Unbelievable, right? Lord help us all.
Kristen HowertonMay 29, 2012 at 11:44 pm
Seriously. That “oh yeah” is straight-up Sarah.
JenMay 29, 2012 at 2:21 pm
Um, that is EXACTLY how I look when I play Kinect boxing. Totally wear my ass out and punch two-to-one everyone else, but I also WIN every single time. My husband says I have no strategy. Um, I do, and it’s called Whirling Dervish. Works for me. And for Wito, I see. :)
whoorlMay 29, 2012 at 5:58 pm
You and Slynnro. My house. Lots of spaz.
StephanieMay 29, 2012 at 5:39 pm
Okay, this seriously made me laugh out loud. I need to borrow some of that energy!
slynnroMay 29, 2012 at 5:47 pm
Sarah, I swear to you this is EXACTLY how I look Wii boxing, I panic and just move frenetically and hope for the best.
whoorlMay 29, 2012 at 5:57 pm
Okay, it’s official. I need to see you and Jen play each other. (Two comments up.)
AmandaMay 29, 2012 at 6:15 pm
I can’t get over the way he just seems to vibrate! And his “oh yah!”s are adorable!
tracyMay 29, 2012 at 9:15 pm
THE CUTEST! I need a Wii!!!!! I love watching his hair move ever so slightly. Go WITO GO!
CourtneyMay 30, 2012 at 6:11 am
This is frickin hilarious!
Pickles & DimesMay 30, 2012 at 7:59 am
Oh, my. This was fantastic. I love how his feet never stopped moving. And his yellow-striped jammies had me thinking, “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.” :)
ClaireMay 30, 2012 at 8:34 am
I love how his feet never stopped moving. And his yellow-striped jammies had me thinking, “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. Thanks for sharing.
Heather DusekMay 30, 2012 at 10:28 am
That was GOLD! So funny!
ChrisBMay 30, 2012 at 1:18 pm
I have to say, this is one of the funniest home videos I have seen. The pajamas are really what makes this whole footage sheer brilliance.
RhiMay 30, 2012 at 2:51 pm
I. Love. It.
(And, now I need to try Wii boxing. I bet Henry would like to watch Mama make an idiot of herself.)