1. The donations for little Emily have been staggering. Staggering. I’m so happy to be a part of such an unbelievably generous outpouring of support for sweet Emily.
2. Speaking of generous, Kate Szabone, the maker of the fabulous earrings I featured here last week, emailed me yesterday to let me know that she is donating all of her past and future profits from her loop hoop sales from my referrals. So, if you are in the market for some lovely delicate hoops, be sure and tell Kate I sent ya. (Thanks, Kate, for being SO AWESOME.)
3. Wito did great at Mother’s Day Out. The caregivers told me he never cried, but occasionally looked out the window, trying to find us. (D and I both dropped him off. Double heart-rippage!) I will admit that he has been very clingy for the past couple of days – usually a boy who doesn’t like to be held, he is perfectly content in my arms since Monday. (Again with the HEART-RIPPAGE.) Plus, when he wants to be held, he says “Hold you! Hold you, mommy!”
4. RAMÓN UPDATE. I’m approaching my 2-month anniversary of guitar lessons and LOVE IT. I am currently tackling my very first “study” (What? I’m supposed to play THIS?) with the help of my awesome guitar teacher. Maybe I will make a video once I have the study mastered, which could be 2010.
5. Today is Wito’s first visit to the zoo! Smelly animals await!
little miss melApril 2, 2008 at 8:21 am
Yea for Wito and for you guys too! Big step!!!
Enjoy the zoo!
SizzleApril 2, 2008 at 8:37 am
I want to go to the zoo.
janetApril 2, 2008 at 8:43 am
That’s great about Emily and the earrings! I’m planning on giving and buying earrings — double goodness!
We had a classical Spanish guitar player at our wedding. LOVED him. So maybe you can play at our 10 year anniversary vow renewal or something? In Cabo! How can you say no to that…
little miss melApril 2, 2008 at 8:52 am
Btw, we have the Radio Flyer Retro Rocket for Rt and he STILL loves to ride it, hide his toys inside the seat, push the vibrate button, etc. I think we got it for him for Christmas last year.
Beth B.April 2, 2008 at 8:52 am
Great news re the donations and now i’m on board for buying some earrings too – i admired them when you posted previously but now – i’m gettin’ some and going to join the cause too!@ thanks for sharing!! have a fun day!
Beth B. (tired mommy to a busy 4.5 yr old)
UrsulaApril 2, 2008 at 9:04 am
Not to be a total pain, but Emily hasn’t updated her web site — and as someone who donated, I want to know!!
luluApril 2, 2008 at 11:12 am
See?!?! You’re making the world a better place in so many ways! You’re awesome, and so is Wito for being such a trooper at his first Mother’s Day Out!
AngellaApril 2, 2008 at 12:37 pm
That is great news all around. The kindness of people is so overwhelming, hey?
Have fun with the smelly animals ;)
that girlApril 2, 2008 at 1:54 pm
the first time I took my oldest to the zoo, the camels were mating… with gusto…
may you have a memorable trip!
AlishiaApril 2, 2008 at 4:03 pm
My daughter says the same thing when she wants to be held. And so does my friend’s son. Do they collaborate?
LoraleeApril 2, 2008 at 5:31 pm
Good news for all.
Stunned that the GTW has thawed a little. Wonder of wonders….
Leaf, probably...April 2, 2008 at 8:44 pm
The zoo is one of my favorite places in the world. I could spend about eleventy billion hours watching the otters run around and squeak.
KristinApril 3, 2008 at 11:53 am
I just bought the earrings! What a great two for one.
You inspire me to learn to play the guitar.
180/360April 3, 2008 at 4:11 pm
What kind of songs are you learning on your guitar? Are you trying to play ones you like? Just curious!