Hello! Quite a lengthy break I took there, but trust me, you wouldn’t have wanted to hear the ample amounts of complaining coming out of my pie hole. I’m in the 11th week of of a much queasier pregnancy, although this comes as no surprise to those who follow my Twitter updates. (The benefits of Twitter – I can announce to 3,000 followers that I’m pregnant in 160 characters or less! That’s not weird at all, I swear.)
(We’re so excited for another whoorlito/a! Hoooooray!)
Although I am beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel, my energy levels have been next to nothing for the past two months. Here are some favorites that helped me feel halfway decent and attractive throughout the barfdom.
1. Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection – This is the greatest eye shadow palette ever. EVER. If you don’t believe me, read the 517 5-star reviews on Sephora. I love the middle row (I think it’s the “classic” one), and it has helped to make me look presentable, even in the midst of feeling like complete dog shit.
2. Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo With Oat Extract – Non-Aerosol Pump – There were actually a couple of weeks when DRYING MY BANGS made me winded. This dry shampoo is the best! It doesn’t leave a residue or smell funky – just makes my bangs look freshly washed.
3. Salads – Trust me, nothing would make me happier than to say that cravings for doughnuts/snickers/pizza were on my agenda. (It’s the baby! I can’t help it!) Alas, NO. Those things sound AWFUL. Give me some cold baby carrots and celery. In fact, watch me take down a head of iceberg lettuce right here and now.
4. Slouchy cardigan wraps – I’m currently in the not-quite-showing-but-horrifically-bloated stage and slouchy cardigans have been my saving grace. Both of these were bought at Ideeli, which has had a massive hold over my wallet for the past few months. (Can’t Stop Buying Things at Ideeli Help.) Click here for an invite if you are interested in making your wallet cry as well.
5. Hansen’s Natural Cane Soda – The carbonation makes my tummy feel better, and these sodas contain no high fructose corn syrup.
6. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Rockstar – Oh, you guys. Pair this with the above-mentioned eye palette and you’ll be looking good. The Rockstar shade is a deep eggplant purple. Looks great with brown eyes. (By the way, if you are interested in any of these Sephora items, they are having free shipping today for Cyber Monday. Enter code SHIP4FREE at checkout.)
7. Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 30 Daily Moisturizer – I live by the beach. I don’t want to deal with melasma. End of story.
8. Estee Lauder Ideal Light Brush-On Illuminator – Totally covers my dark circles resulting from random middle-of-the-night wakings.
9. EOS Lip Balm in Summer Fruit – This balm smells GOOD. And how could you not love the round design?
10. Trident White Gum – My least favorite pregnancy symptom so far? No matter how many times I brush and floss my teeth during the day, I can’t STAND the taste in my mouth. THIS SUCKS BEYOND BELIEF. Enter constant gum chewing.
11. Bumble & bumble Curl Conscious Defining Creme – Screw drying my hair straight. This creme really enhances my waves and saves me about 30 minutes in drying time. Hallelujah!
kiridaNovember 30, 2009 at 10:35 am
I love this list. My first trimester faves were way more general. Generally: food.
.-= kirida´s last blog ..The Elph-in King =-.
andreaNovember 30, 2009 at 10:42 am
I had the same mouth taste issue and my cure was lemon drops (the candy, not the drink) worked like a charm. Also, not pregnant here but think a slouchy cardigan will be my saving grace for the next few weeks while I work off the holiday pounds.
.-= andrea´s last blog ..First Cousin =-.
DarceyNovember 30, 2009 at 11:10 am
Sorry you’ve been feeling icky! But welcome back! We’ve missed you!
Also, I LOVE the Klorane dry shampoo!
.-= Darcey´s last blog ..Darcepedia Day =-.
MichelleNovember 30, 2009 at 11:14 am
Glad you’re back, and congratulations! I am really excited for you!
Take care :o)
AngellaNovember 30, 2009 at 11:39 am
SO excited for you guys. But you knew that.
I’ve been rather addicted to buying makeup lately – I may have to check out #1.
.-= Angella´s last blog ..The Fog Has Lifted =-.
KaliNovember 30, 2009 at 11:48 am
Yay for a new Whoorlito-a. I love that EOS chapstick ball I got. Entertainment and lip care!
.-= Kali´s last blog ..Going a little deeper. =-.
KNovember 30, 2009 at 11:53 am
CourtneyJoNovember 30, 2009 at 11:56 am
I’m probably the last to know, since I live in the Twitter-less dark ages….but Congratulations!! Missed you while you were gone. I love that even in your sickness you’re still helping us spend money on fabulous things. Such a giver! :)
.-= CourtneyJo´s last blog ..Foam Fights =-.
sizzleNovember 30, 2009 at 12:16 pm
I clearly have not been spending enough time on Twitter because I missed this announcement!
Am super excited for you guys. :-)
.-= sizzle´s last blog ..What did you do all weekend, Sizz? =-.
KrisrinNovember 30, 2009 at 12:16 pm
Congratulations!!!! I am in my 14th week and can totally sympathize with a much queasier 2nd PG as well as the HORRID taste in my mouth – Horrid, I tell you! I too, could not tolerate the thought of most foods (except Cheetos and fruit punch – gah! 2 foods that I NEVER ingest while not PG).
Anywho, hopefully you are over the worst of it :) Again, congrats! and might I add that I am so excited to have the fabulous Whoorl pregnant at the same time – looking forward to great maternity recs!
BrittanyNovember 30, 2009 at 12:18 pm
I am actually hiding in my office right now because I’ve been suffering for the last 6 weeks too. 11 weeks, due June 19.
I can’t wait to hit the second trimester. I hope the books are right and we’ll start to feel better soon.
.-= Brittany´s last blog ..Bagels with cream cheese =-.
RhiNovember 30, 2009 at 12:50 pm
Love the EOS for many reasons, but mainly because it’s easy to find when digging through my purse. Also, the Hansens Diet Ginger Ale is my favorite.
chrisNovember 30, 2009 at 12:54 pm
I seldom comment but have to say congratulations!! (I’m not a twitterer (tweeter?) so it’s news to me!) I predict a girl!! My first born is a boy like you, and my second pregnancy was MUCH queasier than the first also. My second one was a girl.
Love your list, too.
Shana McQueenNovember 30, 2009 at 1:09 pm
Welcome back, I have missed you. I have missed you very very much. Congrats on the wee one coming, yay!
HollyLynneNovember 30, 2009 at 1:17 pm
Oh, am I ever glad I’m not the only one who felt like an inflated Macy’s parade float in my first trimester. The bloating was unreal!
My first trimester lifesavers included ginger candy from Trader Joes, Gatorade, matzo ball soup and handfulls of Altoids which oddly helped relieve my headaches.
Hope you’re feeling better soon!
.-= HollyLynne´s last blog ..Habitat for Humanity =-.