This post is sponsored by Sally Beauty. Thanks for supporting this site!
You may have noticed an increase of dry skin-related posts on this website, and I must admit, it’s completely selfish on my part. I’ve had to seriously adapt my winter beauty routine since moving to a colder climate, but hopefully these posts give you some extras to keep in your arsenal.
The topic du jour? Exfoliating your skin. (Keep those hands and feet looking soft and supple, folks!) Not something I did a lot of in California, but feel it’s pretty much necessary to keep any dry, flaky, winter skin at bay right now. Now, I’m not one to use very many pre-made exfoliating products like scrubs because you can make great ones at home, but I do believe in good exfoliating tools. Here are some good ones to try out.
1. Mr. Pumice Pumi Bar – I can’t live without my Pumi bar – it’s the best way to take on dry, cracked heels.
2. Bath Secrets Exfoliating Gloves – A great way to exfoliate all over during your shower or bath.
3. Beyond Belief Exfoliating Pads – If you are the type that likes an exfoliating formula in the pad itself, this is a great option and all ingredients score a 3 or below on EWG.
4. Foot Therapy Natural Mineral Foot Bath – Not only does this soften calluses and rough spots on the feet, it soothes aches. Bonus.
5. Face Secrets Exfoliating Cleansing Sponges – Use these all over the face with your cleanser to remove flaky skin.
6. Bath Secrets Facial Cleansing Brush – Can’t afford a Clarisonic? Just use a facial cleansing brush like this instead.
Using products like these will keep your skin happy and flake-free, and will set you up for the next step…manis and pedis. For those of you who love nail color, Sally Beauty is introducing the best way to shop for it, the new Nail Studio.
The Nail Studio at Sally Beauty offers 750 shades and 150 nail care products, all on one wall, and it’s pretty dang cool.
For those of you who can’t live without perfectly polished nails, you should definitely check it out!