Do you ever find yourself referring to random tidbits from another blogger? Or using their words and/or phrases around the house?
Whenever our television is off, invariably, D and I will look at each other and say, “Turn on the TV. Turn on the damn TV, please.” (This coming from one of my favorite posts by Alice over at Finslippy. Please read it. Right now.) Who knows why that particular post has stayed with me for over two years, as Alice is constantly writing hilarious entries, but it was one that made me laugh until tears filled my eyes.
Neilochka once wrote (was it a post or a twitter, Neil?) about how annoying it is when bloggers apologize for their lack of posts. According to Neil, a blogger’s assumption that people actually care enough about their posting activity is pretty conceited.
Maybe he’s right. Maybe none of you have even noticed that my posts aren’t as popping up as frequently. Or that I can’t seem to write about anything other than hair.
Maybe. Yet, I still feel the need to say something because, well, this is my personal blog and I can write about whatever in the hell I want. OKAY?!
Reasons why I am incredibly egotistical and think you desire an explanation as to why I’m not posting as much:
1. I’ve been trying to stay off the computer while Wito is awake.
2. Wito is awake A LOT.
2. In the past, I wrote my Whoorl stuff while Wito napped. (Is it one nap or two, mister? ONE NAP OR TWO, I ASK OF YOU?!) Now, I write my ParentDish posts during that time.
3. When I do break my computer rule and ignore Wito (like right now), I am usually trying to find Hair Thursday photos and work on those posts.
4. Plus, reading your blogs. (Which, DAMN, you’re funny.) And of course, checking email and not responding. Because I am made of asshole.
5. Obviously, I am experiencing some time management issues right now. Working on that.
What I REALLY want to talk to you all about, but I have no time to construct a cohesive post so I shall make another list of the highlights:
1. Due to my lack of time management skills, I haven’t been looking very good lately. Luckily, SAJ’s pool has accepted me with open arms. I am, in fact, Chief Slob Moderator.
2. One of my all-time favorite bloggers of the past is giving it another go. And yes, she’s also my boss. How cool is that? (Dear boss, if I’m late submitting a PD post, it’s because I’m reading your blog. Essentially, it’s your fault. Love, Whoorl)
3. Blog Action Day is approaching on October 15th. I will be posting about the little things we do around here to help the environment, namely our non-toxic cleaners and recycled products.
4. The Great Mofo Delurk is this Wednesday. The fabulous Schmutzie has all of the details and reasons behind the activity on her website. (For the record, I agree with her fully. Commenters Unite!) I would love to hear from some of you – I will post a question like I did during the last delurk. (Remember the crayola question? Oh, don’t bother looking, it disappeared when I switched blogging platforms. WHICH IS WHY YOU SHOULD DELURK. I HAVE NO RECOLLECTION OF YOUR DELURKING STATUS. 350 COMMENTS, POOF! GONE LIKE THE WIND.)
5. Speaking of Schmutzie, have you seen her Collection of Spectacles? If you love eyeglasses like I do, you must check it out.
6. Some ding dong stole one of SAJ’s illustrations. Ooooh, trouble. (mmm, ding dongs)
7. Wito is walking. Walking and falling. Falling and bruising. Making me crazed.
I must run, Wito is attempting a headstand. See you (yes, ALL of you) on Wednesday!
cocodrieOctober 1, 2007 at 3:36 pm
Bwah! Sizzle totally beat me to commending you on the “Because I am made of asshole” line. It’s gems like these that make me love you even more than I already did.
liniOctober 1, 2007 at 2:51 pm
I do notice, I check Whoorl several times a day. Just wondering what Wito is up to and what you are writing. Keep the posts coming.
lisaOctober 1, 2007 at 2:54 pm
ok have to admit…I check your site daily and dont comment BUT I will be better PROMISE:) didnt realize I guess the importance of it..I mean REALLY if your being so open YOU deserve some feedback:) I understand your not blogging daily I have 2 kids…under 5 and life can get hectic I also JUST started working @ Starbucks SO by the time I get home I am TIRED!!! But I love your blog and enjoy reading:) hair thursdays are fun…but I did notice and your reasons….are 100% understandable;) wito IS so cute!!! and GETTING BIG:) he has the prettiest EYES I have ever seen and that is NO LIE!
sizzleOctober 1, 2007 at 3:03 pm
“Because I am made of asshole.”
is my newest and most favoritest phrase.
NeilOctober 1, 2007 at 3:10 pm
The way I see it… is blogging is a community and you’re certainly contributing with your Parentdish posts and your reading and commenting on other blogs. People are always complimenting those who post almost every day, but sometimes I think it would be better if we were less self-obsessed and posted less and commented more elsewhere, like you are doing. There’s only so many hours in the day, especially when you also have kids, and it really hard to write good posts AND keep up with everyone. I like that you’re so community-oriented, even giving everyone free hair-styling advice!
I already have an easy upcoming post that will be a big hit: Wito walking!
GretchenOctober 1, 2007 at 3:33 pm
Thank you for some laughs.
Getting my hair cut on Thursday, so expect some “Hair Thursday” “AFTER” shots!!! I’m so excited, so I you must be too right? :)
KamiOctober 1, 2007 at 3:51 pm
I love your humour! I don’t visit Parent Dish regularly but I really should.
Ps I delurked during the great crayola post. I remember it fondly.
comfortablycrazyOctober 1, 2007 at 3:59 pm
What can possibly top the Crayola post? I can’t wait to find out.
Oh, and I finally got pictures of my hair down in the slob pool. Now I must submit them to you. It’s whoorl at hair dot com , right?
am'ti bOctober 1, 2007 at 4:09 pm
glad to have been a part of you gettting the fab glasses-could you be more fantastic (slob-n-all!) i have been waiting for a pic, thank you.
AndreaOctober 1, 2007 at 5:03 pm
Who are you kidding, we care when you aren’t around. I do accept all your excuses and concur with many of them. Luckily I get my fix over at parent dish so I am not going through withdrawls or anything.
winterwheatOctober 1, 2007 at 5:04 pm
Hey, you look good even in your slovenly state.
It’s amazing how much busier life can get when two naps drops to one and the niblet is running around and getting into things. I can’t even have here in the computer room with me (mine is 19 months now) because she’ll get caught up and possibly electrocuted in the off-limits “cord garden” behind the desk. Sigh.
KarenOctober 1, 2007 at 6:38 pm
I have noticed your lack of regular posting, and I do care; but you certainly have valid excuses. It must be exhausting to be so utterly hilarious all the time. I couldn’t do it. And it is important to try to stay off the computer when baby’s awake. Or else you’ll end up like me, my kids track me down here when they can’t find me; I’m like, hiding from them. Nice mom, eh?
AngellaOctober 1, 2007 at 6:48 pm
I am the same with the apologetic postings if it’s been awhile. Because people keep clicking, and NO NEW CONTENT. HOW WILL THEY GO ON?
I kid. Sort of. I just feel bad that they took the time to click and I haven’t posted.
But? I think Neil hit the nail on the head.
Plus? Wito needs time with Whoorl too :)
gorillabunsOctober 1, 2007 at 8:58 pm
yes, i do find my children get in the way of blogging. sometimes, i get annoyed that i have to stop reading everyone else’s business to focus on their need for constant attention and chocolate milk as well as their propensity to flood the bathroom, write on the walls and my much needed appearance to wipe their butts.
yes, motherhood is quite glamourous.
sunnyOctober 2, 2007 at 1:55 am
oh, I’m an addict alright but somehow my addiction is abated by the parent dish posts. It’s like a mini whoorl fix and also the info is good and useful.