I’m off to beautiful Montana for an entire week!
Interesting facts about Montana:
– The average square mile of land contains 1.4 elk, 1.4 pronghorn antelope, and 3.3 deer.
– The density of the state is six people per square mile.
– The State animal is the grizzly bear (Ursus arctos horribilis).
– The State tree is the Ponderosa pine (Pinus ponderosa).
– Montana holds the world record for the greatest temperature change in 24 hours. 103 degrees!
– It is illegal for married women to go fishing alone on Sundays, and illegal for unmarried women to fish alone at all. Additionally, it is a felony for a wife to open her husband’s mail.
– Sprint PCS Coverage in Montana can be found here.
What this means to me:
– If my calculations are correct, there are 6.1 ample-sized animals with freakish antlers to every 6 little human beings per square mile. I have no idea how many grizzlies are chillin’ per square mile, but considering they are the state animal, I’m guessing a lot. “Montana: Big Sky Country”. Not so much. How about “Montana: Just Like a Carnivorous Zoo, But Without Cages.”
– Better stock up on Claritin. I’m allergic to pine- I can’t even have a real Christmas tree! By the way, I am also allergic to cattle if anyone was wondering. While testing for allergies as a child, the physician checked me for cattle allergies. CATTLE, PEOPLE. Not the kind of allergies related to eating cattle beef, either. Nope, more like the rubbing-up-against-a-cow variety. You have got to love growing up in Oklahoma.
– What the hell is going on with the temperature fluctuation? Packing will be complicated, resulting in an achy back from hunching over and staring into my suitcase for at least 4 hours today.
– I have to make sure my grandmother hasn’t been locked up.
– The kicker. No cell phone coverage. Not really a big deal because I’m not fond of talking on the phone anyway. As for internet access, rumor has it, and I’m cringing as I write this, dial-up. Dial-up. Misery. Oh, I know, I know, I should enjoy this time away to refresh, rejuvenate and marvel at God’s country. Don’t worry, be happy! Well, the internet makes me happy. So there.
In all honesty, I am so excited about this trip. I get to spend a full week with my family that I MISS SO MUCH! Plus, I did a little research and I located 1 (one) internet cafe in the town I am visiting. Hell yes.