1. I have been a little under the weather for the past couple of days, but I can confidently say that the 22 Jamba Juice Coldbusters have done their job.
2. However, I woke up sounding like Kathleen Turner this morning.
3. Which is kind of cool because my fellow Blogher attendees might think I have a deep, sultry voice.
4. So, I am purposely shouting around the house. You know, to keep the pipes rusty. “WHAT’S THAT YOU SAY, WITO? YOU WANT A BA-BA? A BAAAAA-BAAAAAA?” *uncontrollable hacking* “OHHHHHHHHHH-KLAHOMA, WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAAAINNNNNNN!”
5. I am super excited about meeting all of the cool chicas.
6. However, I am scared that everyone will think I’m a self-mutilator or in a highly-charged domestic abuse situation due to all of the cuts and bruises on my legs and arms.
7. I am trying to remind myself that I will be around these people for several days, so they can witness my clumsiness firsthand. I have issues with running into tables, slamming my fingers in doors, tripping over air, etc. Hence the 49 bruises.
8. I have packed 5 pairs of shoes, and I’ve heard talk of that number being excessive. I think I’ve exercised great restraint.
9. I will miss my boys terribly.
10. But don’t hold it against me if I forget their names for a brief second. Alcohol + Jitters = Early-Onset Alzheimer’s Disease.
LyndsayJuly 25, 2007 at 7:49 am
I saw Kathleen Turner nude in The Graduate while studying in London. Don’t know why I felt the need to share that, but there you go. Have a great time at BlogHer.
CricketJuly 25, 2007 at 8:25 am
Yay for the sexy cold voice! Thats the best part of the cold. And I don’t think 5 shoes are excessive… that sounds like a good amount to me!
Miguelina. (reluctant housewife)July 25, 2007 at 8:46 am
Oh! I wish I was going! Please take tons of pictures – I’m sure you’ll see tons of good hair days in the next couple of days.
lissaJuly 25, 2007 at 7:52 am
You are going to have so much fun! Please have a drink or ten for me! I can’t wait to hear all the stories from when you get back.
hello insomniaJuly 25, 2007 at 8:06 am
Have fun and take lots of pictures.
KamiJuly 25, 2007 at 8:17 am
I too trip over air…it’s really quite amusing, no?
Have a great time!
sizzleJuly 25, 2007 at 8:18 am
i so wish i was going. we could run into door frames together. i’m a master at that!
and only 5 pairs of shoes? please tell me you packed an excessive amount of hair product or lip gloss to make up for that. ;)
janetJuly 25, 2007 at 8:23 am
have fun and have a martini or two for me, since I will sadly not be there. come back with lots of stories and pics please! :) (I am demanding, I know!)
JessicaJuly 25, 2007 at 8:43 am
have a wonderful time, especially for those of us who can’t go!!
JeniferJuly 25, 2007 at 9:38 am
Five??? Hahaha, you’ve never seen me pack! I can easily take ten for five days and want more. I think it was the opening scene from Dirty Dancing that corrupted me.
Have a great time!
IsabelJuly 25, 2007 at 10:25 am
I will be the one saying “Whoorl is really a man, Whoorl is really a man” when I hear your raspy voice.
I totally planned on bringing a million shoes. But now have no room for them. It’s either the shoes or the underwear. I choose underwear.
gorillabunsJuly 25, 2007 at 12:23 pm
if you divide my three into your five, our average is 1.66? what? wait a minute, i don’t think my calculator is correct. okay, let’s just say, 4. a very respectable number for a four day trip.
but then, we won’t be sharing shoes. also, don’t forget your houseshoes. even the W can have a raging case of toe funk.
can’t wait for tomorrow!!!!!
SarcomicalJuly 25, 2007 at 12:33 pm
please have FUN! and say try to think of me once during a good drink. ;)
stay sexy, froggy.
BeachMamaJuly 25, 2007 at 12:37 pm
Ooooh, have fun, it should be a blast!
little miss melJuly 25, 2007 at 4:39 pm
Enjoy your free “whoorl time”. I’m sure I don’t even need to tell you that. You do just fine on your own. I am so proud of my wee whoorl.
Plus, it’s really great to truly MISS your boys every once in awhile. Makes them look even cuter when you return, if that’s possible. :D