My Top 10 Beautycounter Products

updated summer 2018

I’ve been using Beautycounter products as part of my skincare and cosmetics regimen for over years now, and it’s safe to say I’ve tried almost every line from the product. However, there are a handful of products that have become total staples for me – meaning I have emptied many a bottle and repurchased over and over. And over again. I adore these products and will SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS.

Let’s get started.

Body Wash in Citrus Mimosa – This body wash is everything I have been looking for…um, dramatic? Maybe, but it deserves my accolades. I have spent so much time (and money) at local natural food stores trying every. single. bar. soap. And every. single. body. wash. And nothing wowed me at all. This body wash, however? Is perfect. It foams up nicely, has a lovely light citrus scent that smells fresh and is not overpowering in any way (can’t deal with heavy scents), and only takes about a nickel-sized dollop on my puffy sponge thing to clean my entire body so it lasts for a long time. Game changer.

Hydrating Body Lotion in Citrus Mimosa – Okay. So body lotion usually falls into two categories for me. 1. It’s absorbs well but leaves my skin feeling a little dry, or 2. Is creamy and luxurious, but doesn’t absorb well, leaving my skin greasy and ugh-o-rama. This lotion, however, is totally creamy, yet completely absorbs, so I’m not forced to walk around my bedroom for 15 minutes naked before putting clothing on. The scent is the same as the body wash. Light, citrus, fairly unassuming…just they way I like it.

Body Oil in Citrus Rosemary – You guys know I love my oils, right? This body oil smells divine – the scent is rosemary citrus, and wowza, it just feels so luxurious on the skin. I’ve never been a body oil only kind of gal (I like creamy, what can I say?), but this is great as a summer moisturizer on its own. However, the way I love to use it is in the winter when I’m drier than usual. I mix a couple of drops with the body lotion and it’s like a mega concoction of hydration. The oil is in full-out rotation from January to March, believe you me.

Citrus Mimosa Body Bar – Um, are you catching on here? I kind of have a thing for the citrus mimosa scent. And I am trying to transition completely to bar soaps opposed to body wash.

Countersun Mineral Sunscreen Mist SPF 30 – This sunscreen is my personal fave for non-toxic options. Smells good, sprays evenly, and doesn’t contain Oxybezone. (Protect our ocean reefs!)

Nice Do Shampoo – I have one word for you. DREAMSICLE. Yes, the Kidscounter line of products smells exactly like a Dreamsicle from my youth. Orange and vanilla, baby. The greatest scent combination known to man. Honestly, the only problem with this line is that my kids might drink it. The shampoo is great – lightweight, rinses easily, doesn’t sting the eyes. Pretty much the kid shampoo trifecta.

Not a Knot Conditioner – I adore this conditioner because it moisturizes, but doesn’t weigh the hair down. Both of my kids have fine, straight hair, and most conditioners end up making their hair look dirtier than before their bath. This one doesn’t leave hair looking stringy at all, which is a huge factor for me.

Sheer Lipstick – I know. I must sound like a broken record at this point, but I love these sheers. You can read more about them here. And here. Plum, Scarlet, and Twig are my faves.

Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation – Same deal – I’ve talked about this tinted moisturizer so many times, but I really enjoy it. I use this product in the Linen shade.

Velvet Eyeshadow Palette in Romantic – I love me some cool-toned eye shadows and these make me feel so lovely. (Beautycounter totally revamped the performance of their eye shadows, and they are light-years ahead of the previous version.

There you have it – the products I repurchase again and again. I hope this is helpful, and if you have any specific questions, please leave them in the comments!

• Sarah Bright

September 28, 2015 at 7:48 am

I’ve been using a few BeautyCounter products too and every one I try I LOVE!

Have you tried their face cleanser or shaving cream? I’m currently using the dew skin moisturizer, hand cream and body butter – LOVEEEE all of them.

xo, Sarah

September 28, 2015 at 8:37 am

Hi Sarah! Yes, I have used both the Soothing Face Wash and the Routine Clean Face Wash. Out of the two, I prefer the Soothing Face Wash because I’m a sudsy kind of gal…I like cleansers that foam a little bit. The Routine Clean is great too, but it’s more of a creamy cleanser. (If you like creamy cleansers, you will LOVE it – it’s coconut oil-based and very simple and gentle). Both of the cleansers are in my bathroom, but right now I am experimenting with a few other organic skincare brands so they aren’t in my current rotation.

Haven’t used the shaving cream yet! I think it’s the one product I haven’t tried and I desperately need a safe shaving cream, so it will be my next purchase!

• Sarah

September 28, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Thank you! I’ll have to try them in my next purchase!

• Mina

September 28, 2015 at 8:38 am

Have you ever worn Bobbi Brown, MAC, or Chanel foundations? I’m trying to find my shade of Tint Skin and I’m going between Linen and Sand….

September 28, 2015 at 8:52 am

Yes, I’m a 20 in Chanel VitaLumiere and I think I wore Sand in Bobbi Brown. I can wear both Linen and Sand – Sand in the summer when I’m a bit darker and Linen the rest of the seasons.

• Mina

September 28, 2015 at 8:58 am

Thanks! I’m a 30 in VitaLumier, and Warm Sand in BB, so I’m guessing I should go with sand?????

September 28, 2015 at 9:36 am

I would go with Sand, but no worries, they have a 60-day money back guarantee, so you can always send it back!!

• Christa

September 29, 2015 at 10:06 am

Sarah – The sand is a little to yellow for my skin tone. Is the linen less yellow? I use Medium in the Tarte BB Tinted Moisturizer.

September 29, 2015 at 10:18 am

Hi Christa, I am going to send you the swatches side-by-side.

• Tracy Biolsi

September 28, 2015 at 5:07 pm

Perfect timing! My girlfriend is holding a Beautycounter party tonight and I can’t wait to try out some of these products. Thanks!

• Victoria

September 28, 2015 at 10:07 pm

Hi, do you have a shampoo and conditioner you like for yourself? i have been trying to find one without all the junk!

September 29, 2015 at 10:14 am

Hi Victoria – I love Beautycounter’s shampoo and conditioner! http://bit.ly/1QJClMA Have you tried? It’s great – my husband uses it, and I use it about half the time. (I’ve been trying some other hair brands for a post so that’s why I haven’t been using it full-time. That post is coming in the next month or so…)

• Victoria

September 30, 2015 at 10:11 pm

I haven’t tried it. I have switched to many of their products to so I’m not sure why I didn’t think of it. Look forward to your hair post =).

• Sarah

September 29, 2015 at 11:37 am

I would love to try these products! Is there anyway to order sample or trial sizes? I have a hard time finding lip colors that I like and I’d love to test a few colors before committing.

September 29, 2015 at 12:31 pm

Hi Sarah! There are not trial sizes, but they do honor a 60-day money back guarantee, no questions asked. I’ve sent a few shades back that didn’t work for me and it was a breeze.

• Courtney

September 29, 2015 at 3:19 pm

Thanks, Sarah! Just curious – I started using the Routine Cream Cleanser with my Clarisonic based on your suggestion in your skincare makeover post. Would you still recommend this one or do you like another one better these days (specifically to use with the Clarisonic)?

September 29, 2015 at 4:57 pm

Yes, I think the Routine Cream Cleanser is still fab with a Clarisonic!

• Courtney

October 1, 2015 at 3:03 pm

Great to know, thanks!

• CC

September 29, 2015 at 10:09 pm

Hi Sarah,

I love hearing your opinion on products. I’m curious why you don’t have any of their face products on your list. I like to use face products all from the same maker because it’s easier and I feel like they are made to go together. I’m really looking for anti aging.

I’m currently using beauty counter skincare and like them. It’s just always hard to tell how effective they are with anti aging. Any other suggestions?

October 2, 2015 at 9:32 am

Hi CC! Beautycounter has some amazing skincare…I’m just currently having a love affair with Tata Harper.

As for anti-aging, the best product you can be using right now are the Enlightenment Treatment Pads. Have you tried them? http://bit.ly/1j5iUUo

• Sarah

September 30, 2015 at 7:56 pm

Hi Sarah! I have another question for you. I love using liquid makeup remover vs remover wipes (they just seem too wasteful) and I’ve found it difficult to find more natural based remover. Do you have a favorite? What do you use and would the Beautycounter cleansing balm work for this? I use the liquid remover for eye makeup, btw. I’d love your feedback, as it is something I’m really struggling with.

Thank you!
    Sarah

October 2, 2015 at 9:36 am

Oh oh oh! I have a product for you – if you are looking for a liquid remover for eye makeup, look no further! http://bit.ly/1P94aQk

• Sarah

October 2, 2015 at 11:45 am

Thank you so much!

• Christina

October 5, 2015 at 2:39 pm

I use this and LOVE it! Some others would sting my eyes, but this stuff is so gentle and gets everything off!

October 5, 2015 at 5:12 pm

It’s great, isn’t it?

• susie

October 5, 2015 at 12:01 am

hi sarah! i’m having a tough time trying new foundation. currently using bobbi brown long wear foundation, but am intrigued by the Kjaer Weis foundation you have raved about….how did you test your coloring, and did you order more than one color to test your skin? i’m terrible at this! thanks for any help you can offer :)

October 5, 2015 at 5:16 pm

Hi Susie! You need to call Citrine Natural Beauty Bar in Arizona. For $15, they will ship you 6 samples of your choice. Melissa, the owner, is AMAZING, and everyone that works there is super knowledgeable. You could order a few shades of the KW foundation, and if you tell them what you’re looking for, they will suggest some other foundations to try as well. Hope this helps!

• susie

October 8, 2015 at 11:58 pm

thank you SO SO much… yahoo. i’m calling her asap!

• Beth Edwards

October 5, 2015 at 2:16 pm

Hi Sarah,
    I always enjoy your recommendations! Sadly, it appears that Beautycounter doesn’t ship to Canada. Could you recommend similar lipsheers made by someone else? I’m looking for something fallish, but not too dark. A running errands lipsheer, if you will…Like, I may be running around town unshowered and in my gym clothes, but you can’t really tell because you’re blinded by my fabulous lip colour :)
    Thanks!

October 5, 2015 at 5:20 pm

Hi Beth! Yes, I would definitely recommend the Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioners: http://bit.ly/1L2Yt12

And the W3ll People Nudist Colorbalm Stick: http://bit.ly/1L2Ygep

Good luck!

• Beth

October 5, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Thanks so much!!

• […] Travel Body Collection – You know how much I love the body wash and lotion, right? Remember this love letter? Well, I completely neglected to mention how much I love the shampoo and conditioner in that post. […]