Odds and Ends
This week’s Odds and Ends post is focusing less on tips and tricks and more on “things that make you go hmmm.”
1. “You have got to be yourself. That’s all there is to it.” Rachel soooo hit the nail on the head with this post.
2. You’ve got to be yourself, which leads directly to Getting Over My Fear of Being Judged. I’m personally working very hard on this one right now.
3. Okay, this letter is just plain loco. Like crazy hilarious loco.
4. An Open Letter to Circle of Moms: Adoptive Families are Not Controversial. Yet another great piece by Kristen – and while we’re on the subject, these kind of Top 25 contests drive me insane. Like I said in the comments section of her post, I just don’t understand how bloggers don’t see right through this kind of crap. As Kristen states, these sites are all about exploiting bloggers through flattery.
5. Hearing about Tennessee coach Pat Summit’s resignation due to early-onset dementia saddens me more than I can say. Not only because I’ve been a huge college sports fan my whole life, but what Coach Summit has done for the University of Tennessee, young athletes, women coaches and working moms alike…it just breaks my heart that she is dealing with such a horrible disease. Katie Granju wrote a really touching post about Coach Summit here.
6. Not another Mommy War. Interesting post by Joanne regarding the whole Hilary Rosen/Ann Romney controversy.
Wishing everyone a great weekend!