It doesn’t have to be ALL hair all of the time around these parts. Take a gander at some of my beloved, tried-and-true beauty products.
1. Kiehl’s Lip Gloss in Goldenberry – First off, I want to eat this stuff straight from the tube. It smells damn good, but more importantly, it’s the perfect ultra-sheer pink with a touch of gold. Kind of like…a GOLDENBERRY! How novel.
2. Sephora Complete Lip Balm – Part of my nighttime OCD ritual involves slathering this perfect balm all over my lips. Love it.
3. Dove Sensitive Skin Face Cloths – Simple, non-scented cloths that gently exfoliate my skin. (Apparently, I’m not the only fan since my local Target is ALWAYS sold out. Bastards.)
4. Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Lotion – This lotion is a godsend for my mild rosacea. I have NO idea how it gets rid of my redness, given that’s it not specifically formulated for rosacea, but it does. Run, don’t walk, to the nearest drugstore.
5. Redken Blown Away 09 Blow-Dry Gel – If I’m in a blow-drying mood, this gives my hair the perfect amount of flexible hold while completely eliminating frizz.
6. Pureology Real Curl Creme – Most days I’m a wash-n-go girl, and this curl creme defines my waves perfectly. If you are a wavy/curly girl who likes to air-dry, you should definitely try this.
7. Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream – One word. SHINY.
8. Chanel Blush in Tempting Beige – When a Chanel associate tried to sell this shade to me, I must admit I balked. Beige? BEIGE? Who in the hell besides The Golden Girls wears beige blush? (Um, I DO. And it’s hands-down the most beautiful shade my fair/light skin has ever seen.)
9. GHD IV Styler – Pretty penny, but worth it. Not only does it straighten in a flash, but it renders my curling iron obsolete.
10. Chanel Glossimer in Pagoda – A perfect, your-lips-but-better gloss. Looks downright amazing paired with NARS Dolce Vita lipstick.
11. Amazing Cosmetics Concealer – This stuff isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s a serious concealer and a little goes a LONG way, but it makes my undereye circles disappear completely. I only use a tiny pinprick amount, so the tube should last until 2045.
You know, eleven is such a odd number, don’t you think? We should make it twelve. Tell me the ONE product you couldn’t exist without. Skin, makeup, hair…you name it!
sizzleMay 6, 2009 at 6:27 am
You know how I feel about #4. LOVE. My Target was out of it too. WTH? So I used the link you sent me. Thanks!
GroovymarlinMay 6, 2009 at 7:08 am
Ouch, that Amazing Concealer is $42! I have always liked Clinique’s Advanced Concealer, a little more affordable at $14 a tube. It’s very matte though; I’m not sure it would work under the eyes. I use it on blemishes and such when they make their unwelcome appearance.
I guess the one beauty product I just can’t live without, and would be devastated if it was discontinued, is Redken Water Wax. Perfect for short, textured hair.
LauraMay 6, 2009 at 7:36 am
I suffer from mild rosacea too (triggered, at times, by multiple glasses of Sangria). Thanks for the tip on the Neutrogena!
sarahMay 6, 2009 at 7:54 am
sarah – do you ever look on amazon for your beauty products? i know it’s nice to be able to run out and grab something when you need it, but when i had the same problem w/ my almay concealer and foundation at target AND wal-mart (ridiculous!), i turned to amazon and saved a ton. they do make you buy 2-packs, but that just means i have to go shopping less-often. if you have a go-to brand/shade, i’d encourage everyone to check out amazon’s selection.
Beth B.May 6, 2009 at 8:04 am
Cool; will check out that Neutrogena rec. Let’s see, my beauty fave … hands down, my Super Solano hair dryer. I bought it years ago and it has served me steadily. I was sick of having to buy a new hairdryer every few years when they broke/blew up, so I invested in a “salon-brand” and it has been awesome. I suspect a better price could be found, but here’s a link to the item at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Solano-Super-SOLANO-Hair-Dryer/dp/B0006IQ1EU
She Likes PurpleMay 6, 2009 at 8:19 am
Probably Nars lip lacquer in Vagabond (or Eros).
KathleenMay 6, 2009 at 8:31 am
I Feel Pretty’s Pretty Pearlfection Cream. SERIOUSLY. This stuff has changed my skin. http://www.ifeelprettyproducts.com/pearl_creams.htm
KristinMay 6, 2009 at 8:33 am
Hands down it is Pureology’s Texture Twist. No matter how I wear my hair (straight, wavy, curly) it looks better with texture twist. It’s a weird product to get used to and it helps to have a stylist show you how to use it, but I absolutely love it. Pumps up every hairstyle.
wnMay 6, 2009 at 8:33 am
MAC Studio Stick with SPF 15
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Champagne Dazzle
Redken Glass 01 Hair Serum
hillaryMay 6, 2009 at 8:37 am
Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum – I will die if they ever discontinue this product.
ErinMay 6, 2009 at 9:07 am
Yves St. Laurent Touche Eclat and Trish McEvoy Shell Eye Brightener. Combined it looks like you’ve had about 12 hours sleep!
EmilyMay 6, 2009 at 10:15 am
Man, I love products. My current faves are Givency Pop Gloss (awesome!), Biolage heat protectant, Murad Pomegrante moisturizer, Seveche nail polish top coat… I could go on and on. I will spare you.
KorinnaMay 6, 2009 at 10:27 am
Arbonne’s About Face Creme Concealer. Like yours, a little goes a long way and the tiny pot lasts forevah.
And makes me look like I have flawless skin. Holla.
metaliaMay 6, 2009 at 11:16 am
Just remember who brough the Amazing Concealer into your liiiife! :) In turn, I am forever grateful for Goldenberry. And the FF Glossing Cream. And the Chanel eyeshadow quad. And and and…
I cannot live without said Glossing Cream, L’Oreal Jelly Balm in Luscious, Armani’s sheer cream blush, Chanel Sublimage face cream, and California Baby Calming Botanical Cream, which I stole from my kids. Oh! And Lush’s BIG shampoo. Ask me again in a week, and I’m sure I’ll have an entirely different list. Particularly because reading posts/comments like these is like crack to me.
EmilyMay 6, 2009 at 12:05 pm
An eyelash curler. My eyelashes are blond and straight. :(
But with an eyelash curler and some mascara, they look long. And that’s because they’re not sticking straight out.