It doesn’t have to be ALL hair all of the time around these parts. Take a gander at some of my beloved, tried-and-true beauty products.
1. Kiehl’s Lip Gloss in Goldenberry – First off, I want to eat this stuff straight from the tube. It smells damn good, but more importantly, it’s the perfect ultra-sheer pink with a touch of gold. Kind of like…a GOLDENBERRY! How novel.
2. Sephora Complete Lip Balm – Part of my nighttime OCD ritual involves slathering this perfect balm all over my lips. Love it.
3. Dove Sensitive Skin Face Cloths – Simple, non-scented cloths that gently exfoliate my skin. (Apparently, I’m not the only fan since my local Target is ALWAYS sold out. Bastards.)
4. Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Lotion – This lotion is a godsend for my mild rosacea. I have NO idea how it gets rid of my redness, given that’s it not specifically formulated for rosacea, but it does. Run, don’t walk, to the nearest drugstore.
5. Redken Blown Away 09 Blow-Dry Gel – If I’m in a blow-drying mood, this gives my hair the perfect amount of flexible hold while completely eliminating frizz.
6. Pureology Real Curl Creme – Most days I’m a wash-n-go girl, and this curl creme defines my waves perfectly. If you are a wavy/curly girl who likes to air-dry, you should definitely try this.
7. Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream – One word. SHINY.
8. Chanel Blush in Tempting Beige – When a Chanel associate tried to sell this shade to me, I must admit I balked. Beige? BEIGE? Who in the hell besides The Golden Girls wears beige blush? (Um, I DO. And it’s hands-down the most beautiful shade my fair/light skin has ever seen.)
10. Chanel Glossimer in Pagoda – A perfect, your-lips-but-better gloss. Looks downright amazing paired with NARS Dolce Vita lipstick.
11. Amazing Cosmetics Concealer – This stuff isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s a serious concealer and a little goes a LONG way, but it makes my undereye circles disappear completely. I only use a tiny pinprick amount, so the tube should last until 2045.
You know, eleven is such a odd number, don’t you think? We should make it twelve. Tell me the ONE product you couldn’t exist without. Skin, makeup, hair…you name it!