1. Hitting the running trail again, and I’m dying to know what improvements have been made with Couch to 5k apps since I first completed it 4 years ago. Are there now ways to sync the program with your iPod while listening to your own music? Last time I did it, I was forced to listen to a podcast with shitty techno and creepy voiceovers. What’s the word, bird?
2. I need a new tinted moisturizer. I really like the one I use now (Cosmedicine Honest Face), but I’m wondering if something else out there might truly rock my world. (You know, since I turned 36 this past weekend. I am officially MID-TO-LATE THIRTIES. gahhhh age spots) I’m not a fan of Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, but am wondering about Tarte Smooth Operator, Josie Maran Tinted Moisturizer and the Philosophy one. Do tell.
3. I feel like I’m not spending quality time with Wito. It’s hard to get out with little miss Nappy McNapperson, so I’m desperate for things to do around the house with him that don’t involve iPhone apps or re-enacting scenes from Cars or REALLY LOUD NOISES. Any suggestions?
4. My blog is ugly and I’m currently dreaming up a little makeover. Any features that that you would like to see here? Would you still like me if I only wrote about lip gloss everyday? Tired mom = lip gloss blog fodder to the max.
5. Will the 4-month sleep regression please leave me the hell alone? And why the time change, Daylight Savings Master (aka Satan)?
6. Would you hate me if I injected botulism into my forehead? This gigantic wrinkle crevice between my brows is atrocious. (Chill, mom. I’m not going to get Botox. Although I dream about it on a weekly basis.)
7. Did you see my Battle of the Rollers on Hair Thursday? Steam vs. Heat!
8. Have you ever started to chug a glass of water, only to realize it is Ginger Ale/Sprite/Club Soda mid-swallow? RAUNCH.
9. I’ve made it halfway through Boot Camp! 5:30am, 3 times a week. It ain’t messing around, but guess who’s (barely) back in her pre-pregnancy jeans?
10. If you had to live in the same house as a Nick Jr. character, who would it be? I would choose Kai-Lan. She’s generally upbeat and helpful, her grandpa is hella wise, and she could teach me Chinese! (Moose and Zee, you are always welcome in the Whoorl Household too.)
CocoNovember 9, 2010 at 3:43 pm
YES! The c25k app is great now. I get to rock out to my own music and none of that crappy techno stuff (unless you’re into that kind of thing).
Danielle (elleinadspir)November 9, 2010 at 3:44 pm
The fact that you are back in your jeans (yea you!) makes me not want to help you…but…art! Embrace arts and crafts with Wito. Art and puzzles keep me sane among the iPhone games and Cars. And dude…I love the LM tinted! Kind of sad you are hating in it!
Emily WKNovember 9, 2010 at 3:48 pm
Yeah, there’s an app in the app store (if you have an iPhone or iPod Touch) that you can get that will just put the transitions over whatever music you’re already playing. I think it’s like, two dollars or maybe three, and is an icon that’s white text on a brown background. It’s really great – I used it last year when I first started running and am about to start it again as soon as I can get off my duff and get moving (the little one is two months old in a couple of days).
JennieNovember 9, 2010 at 3:50 pm
I really love my Stila tinted moisturizer!
heatherNovember 9, 2010 at 3:54 pm
Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer — Love love love. And I hate all things tinted moisturizer/foundationy. So that’s really saying something.
LaurenNovember 9, 2010 at 3:59 pm
My Couch to 5K app lets you listen to your own music. Created by Felt Tip, Inc. and cost $2.99. I quit after week four, but not because of the app! :)
EmilyNovember 9, 2010 at 4:04 pm
I use the Tarte tinted moisturizer. I like it. It’s not too heavy but it provides a nice evening out of skin. Sometimes I just mix it with my daily moisturizer if I want even less coverage. I also have the Philosophy one – but it does this weird thing where it becomes more solid as you put it on. Definitely a heavier kind of coverage. I think I would only use that one in the winter when I was feeling super pale.
And, OH, I have been dreaming of Botox for my scary between the eyebrows wrinkle too. Now I can see it even when I am NOT furrowing my brow and that is truly sadmaking.
JessicaNovember 9, 2010 at 4:21 pm
2. I use Olay’s tinted moisturizer and I really like it. It’s light and smells nice. Oh, and drugstore cheap is a bonus!
3. Pick up a holiday craft magazine and let Wito pick one or three projects. I do crafts with my kids and they are really blossoming creatively. I love to see the sense of accomplishment in their little faces. (My oldest is 6 and my youngest is 2, so we help each other and learn patience all at once!)
Mama BubNovember 9, 2010 at 4:28 pm
OMG four month sleep regression, now well into FIVE month sleep regression. When will this ever end?
I’ve been trying to start boot camp, but with an unpredictable baby, a preschooler who thinks 4:45 is morning and a husband who starts getting ready for work at 5:15 and can’t really parent while shaving in the shower, I don’t know what to do!
MaryNovember 9, 2010 at 4:40 pm
The app I use is called “Get Running” – totally gives you what you’re asking for and I love it!
MelNovember 9, 2010 at 4:56 pm
I’ve tried them all and believe it or not, I love L’Oreal Visible Lift. On my second bottle and that says a lot coming from this product junkie. And…it’s cheap!
andreaNovember 9, 2010 at 4:57 pm
I’ve got all sorts of answers today:
2. I was a Laura Mercier worshiper for years and recently was talked into trying Stilla Tinted Moisturizer and really like it. Good coverage while still feeling very light.
3. Charlie is really digging some one on one art time these days, mainly drawing robots, dinosaurs or better yet, a combination of the two. Now admittedly in our house that falls to his father since he went to art school and all, but I think he’d be just as happy with my crappy stick figures since it really is just about the undivided attention.
8. Yes and gross! Especially when warmish and flat.
9. Rock it, Mama!
10. Maybe Olivia, although I don’t know her well enough to make that decision at this point.
hollyNovember 9, 2010 at 4:59 pm
dont waste your time on the philosophy tinted moisturizer. its kinda orangey and gets cakey by 3pm.
TorrieNovember 9, 2010 at 5:06 pm
I am in love with this new Origins moisturizer- VitaZing.
Seriously, love it.
SieraNovember 9, 2010 at 6:07 pm
1 – Nada
2- I make my own tinted moisturizer when I require it(read hung over) by mixing a tiny bit of foundation (Cover Girl) with my moisturizer Spectro for Acne prone skin. Otherwise I use MAC products.
3- Making home made play dough, finger paints or Magic Mud, baking muffins
4- I loved the header you had when you were pregnant with Wito with the animated you with the belly and glasses
5- 4 month sleep regression was the biggest fucking tease ever. I thought I had my life back somewhat and even had energy for the horizontal polka and BAM it was back to new born hell sleep deprivation
6-I wouldn’t hate you, because I am serious about getting a boob job when I know for sure I am done having babies.
7-No I didn’t
8-Yes, I made this mistake low and behold while I was staying with a friend in Huntington Beach but replace glass with bottle and sprite with warm Mailbu rum. Wasn’t expecting that!
9- You must be getting up when she does
10- I don’t watch Nick Jr. We have Tree House up here. I think the Tombly Boos tree house from In the Night Garden would be an awesome place to live. Who wouldn’t want slides in their house??