While searching for photos on an old external hard drive last weekend, I unearthed some precious Ron (also known as Bishop Stu Tu, the Candy Man, and the man with whom I secure hoagies and miracle ham) video footage. It seems I totally forgot about a few videos we shot in 2009 while I was home visiting for the holidays. Ladies and gents, this footage simply can not stay hidden away….no sirree bob, so I put together a little holiday ditty for you all. Let us all experience the Candy Man again, this time sharing his coveted, secret chex mix recipe. I promise, you will never go back to noshing on regular ol’ chex mix again. Happy Holidays!
Studio R Chex Mix
1/4 stick (2 Tbsp) butter or margarine
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
1 tsp garlic powder
5 Tbsp Light Karo Syrup
4 cups Rice Chex
4 cups Corn Chex
2 cups Wheat Chex
1 1/2 cups stick pretzels
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
3/4 cup mixed nuts
1/2 cup pecans
1 cup sesame sticks
cayenne pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Mix the first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to boil and then simmer over low-medium heat.
3. Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl.
3. Drizzle sauce over dry ingredients while tossing to coat evenly.
4. Spread mixture over 2 large cookie sheets. Lightly sprinkle with cayenne pepper. (Very lightly!)
5. Cook at 250 degrees for 75 minutes. Halfway through cooking, toss the mixture a little bit so it won’t stick.
(Dad, I will be home in 36 hours. Please have chex mix waiting. Love, your wonderful daughter.)