1. Rachel Weisz, you were Old Hollywood perfection last night. Well, at least from the mid-thigh up. Wasn’t really a fan of the bottom of this dress, but I’m boring, so there you go. 2. Mandy Patinkin, you were robbed. ROBBED, I SAY! You deserved that award, sir. (I also enjoy your beard.) 3. Whoah! […]
While we’re on the subject of hair, can I express just how badly I want Anne Hathaway’s pixie cut? I’ve been thinking about this long and hard, and here are my thoughts on the matter. Reasons why I should go for Anne Hathaway’s pixie cut. 1. It is something completely unexpected for me. 2. It […]
I love red carpet hair, but I hate creating red carpet hair. If you’re looking for some easy ways to fancify your tresses for an upcoming event, look no further than my Lazy Girl’s Guide to Red Carpet Hair. If I can do it, you can do it. Fist bump.
1. From Your Freezer To Your Family: Slow Cooker Freezer Recipes I don’t even know where to begin with this eCookbook because I love it so much. It’s like the perfect trifecta of slow cooker love, organization, and healthy meals. Now, if one of those three descriptors interests you, put this on your list, however, […]
1. How cute is the above graphic by Style United? I loved that they used my handwriting, even if it’s wayyyyyy less cool than my husband’s. 2. Right on the tail of my bootie obsession (seriously, WHEN ARE THE MADEWELL BOOTS GOING TO GET HERE?) is my hat obsession. Here are 10 of my favorites. […]
I’ve posted hundreds of photos of hair inspiration over the years, but I’ve never really done a roundup of hairstyles for the younger set. Now, as you can see above, I’m a huge proponent of the toddler bob. Nothing could be cuter! (I know, I know…I’m a little biased.) Regardless of length, though, little girls’ […]
Over the past few years, we’ve rarely strayed from Wito’s signature hairstyle. You’ve seen it before…the swoopy, longer bangs in the front…short, but not too short in the back… It just suits him. Not that the haircut doesn’t have its drawbacks, though. It can get a little hot and sweaty all up in there, and […]
The past 6 years of my follicular existence have always included some sort of bang situation on my forehead. Short, long, blunt, sideswept…you name it, I’ve done it. It seems I’ve settled on a sideswept look – mainly because they are so much easier to style (and grow out) than heavy, blunt bangs, but also […]
Yet another Pinterest gem, I came across a photo of the most lovely, sun-kissed hair color a few weeks ago. I clicked through to Box No. 216 and found an absolute mecca of gorgeous hair. (Seriously, I don’t even want to tell you how much time I’ve spent on the website.) Turns out Box No. […]
Duchamp’s Answering Machine – best colors ever 1. I completed Couch to 5K earlier this week. (Ran 3 miles without stopping at a 10:30-minute mile pace. Woo!) So, in honor of that little achievement, I posted a newbie’s running guide at Babble. It barely scrapes the surface of things I would like to talk about […]
1. Drumroll, please! The winner of a fabulous pair of Salt Optics frames is #40, Jenna. Congratulations, Jenna! You will be rocking some frames very shortly. 2. Last night, I attended the launch of Wendy Bellissimo’s new line of clothing and accessories for children. I die. The end. (I also stood next to Sharon Osbourne […]
1. Operation Peony Lim is in full effect over here. My hair is approaching chest level, and I keep looking at photos of her for inspiration. photo credit: Citizen Couture 2. Speaking of hair, have you checked out Hair Thursday lately? Go ahead, take a look. TADA! Hair Thursday is no longer its own website […]
I looooooove me some beauty and hair tutorials, peeps. Here’s the deal. Let me help you. Don’t waste your time weeding through thousands of videos because I’ve done all the (hours upon hours of YouTube viewing) work for you. Eyeliner woes? Check. Chic, everyday makeup? Check. Braided updos and sock buns? Trimming your own bangs? […]
Hello, lovely ladies (and gents)! Just wanted to give you a heads up that I’m guest editing the Style United Facebook page for the next couple of weeks. Stop by and check out my very favorite hair, makeup, and fashion tips!
I love Whoorlita’s hair. It’s finely-textured, perfectly straight and has the loveliest natural highlights. However, it’s been looking a little, um, straggly lately. Case in point. Sweet little toddler mullet. If you don’t mind, let’s digress and briefly chat about the photo on the right. You see, as Wita approaches her 2nd birthday, it seems […]