1. Eddie Redmayne, your freckles are beyond. 2. There are many things I love about Creature Comforts, but the Color Inspiration posts are the best. 3. I am feeling this curly, chin-length bob. 4. I must say, I’ve become relatively proficient in reading and breaking down food labels, and this post by A Dinner and […]
1. Let’s talk about the house, guys. I realize I kind of left you all hanging with all the updates and then….nothing. Well, we’ve been working hard to finish the space, and we are getting really close. (Although, come on, you are never really “finished,” but that’s the fun and/or frustration of it all.) D […]
1. I’m always trying to figure out how to create a smoky eye that is more subtle/demure, less vampire/whorehouse. Love the above look, and all the products used are listed in this Glamour article. (And speaking of vampires, that actress is dating Peter Facinelli, aka Carlisle Cullen, who used to be married to Kelly from […]
I’m still stewing over the big chop, which really shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone since I don’t possess even a sliver of the “oh what the hell, just do it” gene in my body. Nope, I approach my hair decisions exactly like I approach every decision in my life — very methodically, looking at […]
I just love this illustration I found on Pinterest. It’s a perfect guide, really. image source via Kim Pertinent
You can use all the bobby pins you want, but if you want your updo to truly last all day, it’s what you do to your hair BEFORE you put it up that matters. Check out my tried and true tips at Style United.
It seems I’m not the only one feeling shorter hair these days. According to The New York Times, model Karlie Kloss’s new chop is the haircut of the year. Vogue declared it the “cut of the moment” in a four-page feature story in the January issue, saying “the season’s new hair is swingy, sexy — […]
1. Rachel Weisz, you were Old Hollywood perfection last night. Well, at least from the mid-thigh up. Wasn’t really a fan of the bottom of this dress, but I’m boring, so there you go. 2. Mandy Patinkin, you were robbed. ROBBED, I SAY! You deserved that award, sir. (I also enjoy your beard.) 3. Whoah! […]
While we’re on the subject of hair, can I express just how badly I want Anne Hathaway’s pixie cut? I’ve been thinking about this long and hard, and here are my thoughts on the matter. Reasons why I should go for Anne Hathaway’s pixie cut. 1. It is something completely unexpected for me. 2. It […]
I love red carpet hair, but I hate creating red carpet hair. If you’re looking for some easy ways to fancify your tresses for an upcoming event, look no further than my Lazy Girl’s Guide to Red Carpet Hair. If I can do it, you can do it. Fist bump.
1. From Your Freezer To Your Family: Slow Cooker Freezer Recipes I don’t even know where to begin with this eCookbook because I love it so much. It’s like the perfect trifecta of slow cooker love, organization, and healthy meals. Now, if one of those three descriptors interests you, put this on your list, however, […]
1. How cute is the above graphic by Style United? I loved that they used my handwriting, even if it’s wayyyyyy less cool than my husband’s. 2. Right on the tail of my bootie obsession (seriously, WHEN ARE THE MADEWELL BOOTS GOING TO GET HERE?) is my hat obsession. Here are 10 of my favorites. […]
I’ve posted hundreds of photos of hair inspiration over the years, but I’ve never really done a roundup of hairstyles for the younger set. Now, as you can see above, I’m a huge proponent of the toddler bob. Nothing could be cuter! (I know, I know…I’m a little biased.) Regardless of length, though, little girls’ […]
Over the past few years, we’ve rarely strayed from Wito’s signature hairstyle. You’ve seen it before…the swoopy, longer bangs in the front…short, but not too short in the back… It just suits him. Not that the haircut doesn’t have its drawbacks, though. It can get a little hot and sweaty all up in there, and […]
The past 6 years of my follicular existence have always included some sort of bang situation on my forehead. Short, long, blunt, sideswept…you name it, I’ve done it. It seems I’ve settled on a sideswept look – mainly because they are so much easier to style (and grow out) than heavy, blunt bangs, but also […]