1. Let’s talk about the house, guys. I realize I kind of left you all hanging with all the updates and then….nothing. Well, we’ve been working hard to finish the space, and we are getting really close. (Although, come on, you are never really “finished,” but that’s the fun and/or frustration of it all.) D […]
Yesterday at lunch, for fun, I asked Wito what he thought the big trend would be at the Oscars that evening. He tilted his head, paused for a moment, and said, “Silver. Sparkly silver, mom.” Well, the kid called it, and I have to say, absolutely loved all the metallics and pale neutrals. Sometimes you […]
1. I’m always trying to figure out how to create a smoky eye that is more subtle/demure, less vampire/whorehouse. Love the above look, and all the products used are listed in this Glamour article. (And speaking of vampires, that actress is dating Peter Facinelli, aka Carlisle Cullen, who used to be married to Kelly from […]
Ladies, I’ve been meaning to write this post for months. After years and years of trials and tribulations, I have found the holy grail in mascara. (And you all know I’ve tried them all, right? Drugstore, high end, what have you…have. tried. them. all.) Are you ready? Benefit They’re Real! Mascara. Hands down, this is […]
Here’s the segment on double duty beauty products that aired last month on Marie, if you are interested! (It’s hard to keep a straight face when I’m referred to as a “beauty expert.” Let’s go with beauty enthusiast next time, okie dokie?)
Merry Day After Christmas! We are in Oklahoma enjoying family, eating/drinking our way into a comatose state, and freezing our tushes off. (All of that complaining about our frigid 59-degree Newport Beach winter season? I take it back. It currently feels like -134 degrees here in OKC.) Hey, if you plan on laying low by […]
1. How cute is the above graphic by Style United? I loved that they used my handwriting, even if it’s wayyyyyy less cool than my husband’s. 2. Right on the tail of my bootie obsession (seriously, WHEN ARE THE MADEWELL BOOTS GOING TO GET HERE?) is my hat obsession. Here are 10 of my favorites. […]
Part one here. Part two here. Haven’t written about the good ol’ tattoo in awhile, so I thought I would give you an update. Photos and all the good stuff (including an absolutely raunchy blister) over at Beauty and the Beat. (FYI – I also finished the laser hair removal on my underarms and bikini. […]
1. This post is a bit of a Whoorl-other-places onslaught today, so feel free to skip. To those of you who stick around, BFF. FOR EVAH AND EVAH. 2. I’m selling some jeans over at Whoorl’s Closet. Check ‘em out, and email me if you are interested! Proceeds go to the Whoorl Kitchen Renovation Fund. […]
My favorite part of reading magazines as a young teen was finding the little italicized blurb stating the exact brand and shade of makeup that the model was wearing in the photo. It was almost like if I bought that exact shade of lipstick/blush/eye shadow, I would look EXACTLY like the photo. Yeah, not so […]
I’ve searched high and low for the most blogged about lip colors. Click here for the roundup!
Can Fall 2012 beauty trends and motherhood coexist? Check out my assessment here.
1. House update! We are officially homeowners, you guys! I AM HOMEOWNER, HEAR ME ROAR. We got the keys yesterday afternoon, and the demo crew showed up bright and early this morning. This is going on right this very minute. (I am a crazy picture-taking woman when it comes to the house. You guys are […]
Three cheers for a summer makeup tutorial! Although, I’m not really sure why I call this a “summer” look, when in truth, you can easily wear this year-round. This is the perfect makeup routine for a natural, glowing, dewy, happy face. (The video automatically plays at a lower resolution, but you can switch to HD […]
Oh lovely ladies, I have a question for you. I’m filming a segment later this month entitled “Double Duty Beauty,” and need your fab suggestions. Basically, I’d love to hear about any products you have in your home that serve two purposes in regards to beauty. For instance, using coconut oil to cook with AND […]