1. Thanks for all of your exercise recs last week. I attended my first spin class in over a decade today, and man, I missed that sweat-dripping, heart-racing, bass-thumping, thigh-burning kind of cardio. I’ve got some barre and mat pilates classes coming up, so hopefully I can find that perfect mix of cardio and toning. I’ll keep you posted!
2. I loved reading your favorite W words on the SAJ giveaway post, and the winner of the W print is #30, Allison! You will receive your W print shortly.
3. I’m having a little Whoorl’s Closet sale right now. Why am I pimping it here, you ask? Well, I’ll probably go into more detail later, but here’s the gist. I have a ridiculously impulsive trigger finger when it comes to online shopping, and it just needs to stop. In 2012, I want to be more mindful of what I purchase. So! My goal for 2012 (in regards to purchasing clothes and accessories for myself) is to only spend the money I have in my Paypal account and/or use store credit. (OMG HAHAHAAAAAA, is that ridiculous? I have $8.60 in it right now, but I also just bought these beauties in black. $100 off on eBay, though! Uh, baby steps?) In a nutshell, I did a massive overhaul on my closet last week, donated the majority of it to Goodwill, but kept a few items to sell on Whoorl’s Closet. The money I receive from those items will go directly into my 2012 clothing fund. Who wants to wager on how long this will last?
4. I’m really digging the turtleneck scarf-tying method this month. You can check out that one and my 5 other favorites at Style United. (p.s. – it looks like a tag is hanging out of the back of my sweater, but it’s actually a tied grosgrain ribbon. Just didn’t want that to bother you, LIKE IT DOES ME.)
5. At my Babble Voices blog, feel free to commiserate with me in regards to my little 17-month-old, second-born rebel. You guys, I weep for the future.
6. And speaking of Babble, I was included in their Top 100 Mom Blogs of 2011 list. What the what? Thanks, Babble! (Although, what is up with the outrageously heinous photo? It’s like gorgeous mommy headshot photos everywhere you look, and then the one with the girl sitting in her bed, unshowered and looking like a crazy hobo. Hot stuff.)