The Caruso Steam Hairsetter!
*cue trumpet fanfare*
1. No Heat – no heat means no heat damage. No breakage, no brittle ends, just HEALTHIER HAIR.
2. Easier to use – Since the rollers aren’t piping hot, you can take a little extra time perfecting your roll. I found myself hastily rolling my hair while using the hot rollers because my fingertips felt like hell on earth in the process. With the steam rollers, you can take your time smoothing the hair and being careful not to leave any strands of hair out.
3. Curls last longer – Many of you asked about the lasting quality of the curls and have to say the Caruso curls lasted well into day 2. Now, the volume was definitely turned down on the second day, but my hair still had the wave pattern from the rollers. The Babyliss hot rollers on the second day? Nada. No waves left at all.
4. Takes up less space – When using the Caruso hairsetter, you only need counter space for the steam unit itself, which is much smaller than a traditional hot roller set. Perfect for traveling and smaller bathrooms.
5. Cost – The Caruso rollers are significantly less than the Babyliss! ($40 vs. $60)
You can’t get much better than that, peeps. Am I right?
I also wanted to address some of your questions from the comments.
Do you need salt for the steam rollers? No.
Do the clips make kinks in the hair? Not in my hair, but I can see how they could in super fine hair.
Do the Caruso rollers come in more than one size? Yes, the set comes with 4 sizes. Small, Medium, Large and Jumbo. I use the Jumbo rollers for my hair.
Did you use a product beforehand? Yes, I used Kerastase Nectar Thermique, which is the heat protectant cream I use before blowdrying. However, you could use serums, gels, mousses or whatever your personal hair type needs before rolling.
What did you mean in regards to using the Caruso rollers in the middle of your hair shaft? Here’s a quick video demonstration.
Let me know if you have any other questions about the rollers! I will be happy to answer whatever I can in the comments.
(pssst – The Caruso set is on sale at Amazon right now for 38 bucks!)