1. That whole tweaking my back thing? Well well well. Turns out it’s back labor and I have one well-deserving word in regards to that. FUCK.
2. It seems buying shoes that I won’t be able to wear for several months is the only remedy currently working for me. Hence, these.
(Thanks to Alice for the heads up.)
Couldn’t decide between the red stripe and navy stripe, but navy won over when I considered my regular TOMS are red. See! I am still capable of rational decision-making, even when the shooting pains in my lower back make me involuntarily jerk, gasp and weep!
3. Speaking of Alice, she is also quite a fan of Anthony Bourdain. (Can’t wait to read Medium Raw.) I adore his writing, so if you click on any link today, please click this one. I’m telling you, if you have a child who watches the Noggin Channel, this blog post of his will have you rolling on the floor. Bourdain wrote it last summer, but I am sure to revisit it once or twice a month. Genius.
4. You know how you tie a scarf by making a loop and pulling the ends through? And how sometimes it leaves a large clump that doesn’t lay flat across your chest? Check out this alternate way of tying that leaves the scarf hanging completely flat. Again, GENIUS.
5. Did I mention that I love scarves and wear them daily? I will be telling you more about this borderline obsession when I put together my All-Encompassing Maternity Wear post. It’s everything you need to look stylish and put together throughout the lovely gestational period. (And it really doesn’t involve too much!)
6. Finally, I will leave you with some Gilt purchases for little Whoorlita. (Whose official first and second initials are MO. Anyone care to take a guess? No one has nailed it yet!)
Seriously, ladies. If you aren’t shopping for your little ones on Gilt yet, YOU CRAZY.